Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dub-I-Dub: Songs 11 to 20

Day 2, and it's looking like a party! Well, almost...


Song #20. You'll see after the jump...

Song 11: Mariah Carey - I Can't Live Without You

This is one famous song... apparently.

I had this song as a singing assignment, my teacher thought it would a good piece to try out. It wasn't hard to sing, and it's very nice to listen to.

I believe this is the best rendition of the song, no one can compare.




Song 12: Billie Piper - Something Deep Inside

I didn't find this song - this song found me!

Back in the day when making CDs were the thing, I asked my cousin to burn me one. So I gave him my list, and by a week, it was all done. He even made a song list, it was awesome!

When I got to the track I thought the song was going to be, this came out. I still kept listening to the song - I became attached to it C":




Song 13: Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For

Take a chance you stupid h*
It's one of those songs you can take moderately, not excessively. I actually heard this song twice today!

At first, I loved this song, it was a head banger... then disappeared...

Ah, memories... maybe in a few months I can hear it again.





Song 14: Katy Perry - Firework

Yay for songs with a message! Who doesn't want to be a big glowing bulb exploding in the middle of the night?

I never get tired of this song, it's well crafted and I'm just a sucker for violins... that's all you need to make a hit song in my opinion.

I used this song for an audition... yeah

Positivity at its best :")



Song 15: *Nsync - It's Gonna Be Me

Ah, the era of boy bands and teenie boppers - one of their most entertaining videos. It's like parody of themselves, dressed up like dolls and beating up GI Joes... sure they would win.

Now growing up, I can't help but relate to these pop songs of my childhood... I wish I could just go back when all I did was sing what I didn't understand.





Song 16: Hi Five - She's Playing Hard To Get

There was a time where the only songs I listened to were old R&B tunes - I mean, they were the cleanest songs and had more fun with it than the tunes currently played!

These are the few songs that me and my siblings can all listen to without complaining.

It's pleasant, no hidden messages, and their vocals are soothing.




Song 17: The Wellingtons - The Ballad Of Davey Crocket

The most random song on this list... I thought it would be good to have a song about a classic tale of a man I know nothing about >.<"

I like the harmony at the end, but otherwise it's like karaoke; but I don't know the lyrics to the song.

If this was based on a real person, I'm impressed that he "killed him a bear when he was only 3."




Song 18: Hilary Duff - The Beat Of My Heart (Sugar Cookie Remix)

I want you to see I'm not scared to dance
Moving onto more Disney! Stars, that is.

This is also the first remix that we hear in the random songs - it's not that I don't like the original, I get squirmy hearing the drum beat in the beginning (I'm reminded of a beating heart, too surreal).

Total pop and total fun!




Song 19: Kanye West - Love Lockdown (Chew Fu Small Room Fix)

Though auto-tune seems to be the only thing we hear these days, it just never gets old when it comes to Mr. West. He can just say one word in a song, and I bet you it would be a hit.

Back to the song, it's his first time singing, and it's decent; the effects make it better.

The original fine on its own, but the remix livens it up, but not too dramatically... it works!



Song 20: Me & My - Dub-I-Dub

How do I know this song? Ever heard of the game Dance Dance Revolution? Then be ready to hear a bunch of them, they're in this list too!

Who doesn't love this game? And the music is incredible! I always dance to this song, it's energetic and leaves me satisfied.

I need to buy myself a dance mat and start exercising again - you can burn calories on that game!

No comments: