Friday, March 16, 2012

Get Down: Songs 551 to 560

Some songs might just change your life... or the messages that you didn't understand when you were young. Odd ball-ish, but a rather fun list.


Song #557: Let me take the time to understand & I will set your spirit free...

Song 551: Karmin - Crash Your Party

A talented duo that got their break from Youtube - that give me inspiration.

They're quirky and unexpected, and their sound is totally hip! After many covers (this one's my favourite), they get a chance to make their own music: wow, it's fantastic! There's attitude, and all the fun stuff that made them famous. One my be the centre of attention, but when these two come along to invade, make sure you have space for them. It's odd, that's for sure, but it works when it comes to them. Can't wait for more!




Song 552: Shania Twain - You've Got A Way

Haven't seen the movie, but if it's anything like this song, I'll most likely enjoy it.

She is so beautiful, and it's amazing how she dominated both country and pop music in her career. This song blends the genres together in such a wonderful way. She knows that it's love, but she doesn't know how to describe the thing that attracts her in. Whatever it may be, know that it's special.



Song 553: Donald Novis - Looking For Romance (I Bring You A Song)

It definitely has a waltz-vibe going on - I don't remember this from the film.

I guess you can tell the age of the song based on the style. This song has a lot going on, especially with the background. It's rather sophisticated, and can only be told with a deer and a doe. How people find this utterly romantic, I do not understand. Is it because of all the intense music that makes you want to be swept away? I think we need to bring an era like that back so that we can experience it ourselves.




Song 554: Paul Frees - The Spectrum Song

Before there was Bill Nye, there was Ludwig Von Drake. And he had a lot to say & sing about!

I think this has to be the hardest song to sing, because it's all about colours and what happens when they are mixed with one another. This goes on for about two minutes, and he does one impressive job without messing up the order. Is there any Science behind the song? Not a lot, but it's still enjoyable in my opinion. Perhaps one day I will remember the lyrics and be smart as Von Drake - but I'm hoping smarter than him d":




Song 555: Glee - One Of Us

I think this is one of the best songs they've covered on Glee, it's so beautiful.

The original is a masterpiece, and I found it on a TV show. With the cover, I feel oddly fulfilled, like that they tied in this song with the episode in an excellent way. Though they are not fully focused on religion, it gives me the essence of those old TV shows. But do you ever wonder if the higher power was just an ordinary person? Would you act differently, or would you stay the same? It's a nice song, with a lot to think of.



Song 556: *Nsync - Bye Bye Bye

Crotch grab! I don't know why Justin did that in the video...

My sister was obsessed with them! They are taking a stand, leaving this so called 'lover' and walking right out the door. If it's so sad, then why do I get so giddy when I hear it? Because I was a child when this was released, what other reason is there? The video is somewhat symbolic, no longer they are attached to this relationship where they feel stuck - like Pinocchio, they've become a real person. Go pop music!





Song 557: B4-4 - Get Down

Who remembers this song? *Slowly raises hand*

I never thought that after twelve years, I find out the REAL message behind this song. Childhood ruined once again -_-" This was the it song that everyone knew! Admit it, you thought their hair was cool, there were some boys who wanted their hair (I was one of them). But how could we been brainwashed? I like to think of this song as 'imagination,' being free and stuff like that... now it's filled with other images. Tell my childhood self: know what you're singing.




Song 558: Sara Bareilles - Bottle It Up

The message, I don't quite get, but it's catchy.

When it comes to talent, does it matter what you're saying? In Bareilles' case, not at all. She sings a lot of 'love' in the song, but I thought she didn't want to write a love song? I think it's about how things will keep moving when love is in the world. But with a coffee-shop kind of beat, I have no complaints and enjoy the confusion. Sometimes, artists are too clever with their lyrics. It's pleasant once in a while - hope she doesn't do it too often, I like to understand her music!




Song 559: Lindana - I'm Lindana & I Wanna Have Fun

Who does this remind you of? I might be wrong, but it's all good fun when it comes to Phineas & Ferb.

They mother was a one-hit wonder artist, and let me tell you, it's one amazing song! It's not even a minute, but I just want to put it on repeat for the whole day, all 1440 minutes. With an 80s beat, it's hard to resist a song like so. You may not know all the lyrics, but the chorus is all you need. I mean, who doesn't want to enjoy themselves?




Song 560: Maroon 5 - If I Never See Your Face Again

The version I have is without Rihanna - I like this one.

I think this is a very touchy subject, how they use each other in this relationship and how they could care less if one leaves. Ironically, they need each other desperately. So they have this 'moment,' and then return to their lives... I'm just confused, it's the beat that I like. This opened the album, and I was taken in. The message could be... cleaner, but otherwise, another sexy-ish kind of song, if you can call it that.

No comments: