Saturday, March 17, 2012

Mambo No.5: Songs 561 to 570

I guarantee one of these songs will make you happy, they're all from childhood to today!


Song #564: You can't run and you can't hide, you and me gonna touch the sky...

Song 561: Rihanna - Push Up On Me

I love the album "Good Girl Gone Bad," I think it was her best!

It's like 80s synth mixed with a futuristic sound - it's perfect for a workout. My favourite part is when she sings you sexy little thing, it's so hot. For some reason, it gives me a fighting game mood when the message is opposite from what would happen in battle. Whatever it may be, it's got me in the strangest mood. Don't know if it's good or bad, but I'll enjoy the ride. Oh Rihanna, can't wait to hear the other sounds of you!




Song 562: Beyoncé Knowles ft Jay-Z - Crazy In Love

Thus began her solo career - and on a high note for sure.

The fondest memory of this song was back in high school, and my teacher would try to mimic her; keep in mind that this was a man. It's high energy, she doesn't know what's gotten into her, but she likes it herself. All of her other thoughts went out the door; and most of her clothes too. Don't know why she wants to do all the things depicted in the video, but no one will argue with her; I'm pretty sure we would all be watching.




Song 563: Susan Egan - Home

One successful movies transformed into a broadway sensation.

I don't know much about this song, but I think it would be performed when Belle becomes the Beast's prisoner, never to see her father again. It's a rather hopeful kind of song, she believes that maybe her heart will change and find comfort from what seems to be a devastating place. When you give something time, it might just bloom into a pleasant experience. This would be interesting to watch on broadway, I'm rather interested to see this - one day.




Song 564: Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5

Everyone knows this song! Don't pretend!

Makes me want to do the swing and jive all around - or woo a girl with the same names mentioned in this song. I can't believe Lou Bega was a one-hit wonder, he knew what had to come back in the music scene! It's a mass production, and it's amazing how light-hearted I feel when I hear it. This song was so popular, he even made a Disney version of it! Don't care which one I hear, but I know that this is what music is all about: the fun of it!




Song 565: Janet Jackson - All For You

I thought she said "ice package" - it's "nice package."

My cousin has been teaching dance lessons for some time, and when I was nine, I took one with my other cousin and her friends... this was the song I danced to. Yes, the moves were feminine, but you can't resist that it's an excellent choice of a song. There is a street-meets-beach sound, very hip but also lounge-ish. I'll never understand what she wore in the video, but dang, her body was fine! With all of the moves and that sweet voice of hers, why wouldn't you say yes?!




Song 566: k-os - The Love Song

Once again, I'm here for the beat.

I love k-os and all, and the sound is fantastic. One thing he makes sure is that this isn't no mushy track to fall all over. Instead... it's about the oddities in life, how we think one way, and then the opposite another day. Very poetic, and certainly creative. The music video is pretty awesome too, with break dancers, combats, and a mystery. Artists can make anything cool, I swear. Where did this k-os go? I miss him. For some reason, I can't grip onto his new material...




Song 567: Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl (Whistle & Uh Version)

Why must all the good songs get on this list?

Because of this song, I know how to spell BANANAS d": Recently, I've been seeing people eat a lot of these... irrelevant. What was the fascination with this song? Everyone loved it, and the best part is the spelling lesson. I guess it's the simple beat, the fact that you want to start a riot, or the fact that you want to be a cheerleader! It's the perfect high-school pep rally song, gets you pumped up. Gwen's got it going on, she'll beat you up any day.




Song 568: Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way

Ah, the song that took the world by storm.

From parodies to lip-synching videos to even helping me at Biology, I think it's safe to say this song is BAUS. Everyone loves the Backstreet Boys, they had going on. This song made them the biggest boy group of all time. It is the song that everyone knows, and no one is ashamed to sing the lyrics! This is what's missing these days: a song that everyone's glad to hear. Played this in a club, and you'll hear drunk people good at singing. Been there, done that.



Song 569: Owl City - Dreams Don't Turn To Dust

What an inspirational song, it's inspiring.

Owl City always has such a positive glow, even when his songs are on an emotional side. This isn't one of them. It's all about the glory and ability to live out your fantasies even when they seem lost. If you believe in it, that dream will never fade away. Don't give up, and it's yours for the take. And dreams do come true especially with wonderful violins and Adam's words of wisdom. If there is one talent I admire, it has to be him, because his lyrics are creative in an abstract way.




Song 570: Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)

A dramatic song to end the list - yes!

There is a lot of role playing in this song, and some of it is a bit adulterated... But the beat for sure lures me in! It's addictive, and it brought back that pop sound that we knew from Rihanna at the beginning of her career. When this song comes on, I have to scream it out loud at the top of my lungs. It's like a demand, but not in a threatening manner. All in all, it's for fun and love. Love her look, it's feminine and spicy!

No comments: