Friday, April 13, 2012

All Star: Songs 831 to 840

It's a throwback but with a bunch of twists going on here. Definitly partying tracks!


Song #839: You'll never shine if you don't glow...

 Song 831: Britney Spears - Outrageous

This is a song that still has a mystery in my opinion. The music video was never completed, and I still want to know what happens. Oh how I wish I knew.

It's about having a good time and going with the flow. She's getting all the attention, simply by being herself. The beat is loud, and it just gets to you at an instance. Too bad we'll never know the full concept of the video, I liked the street vibe she was going for... Oh well, that's the past. Maybe she'll revisit the scene one day? Never know when it comes to Britney d";


Song 832: Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway

No matter how futuristic the song may sound, I am reminded of 80s songs such as this one.

It's one of my favourite songs from them, it's peaceful and calm - a different sound that's favourable. The message is classic, how they will find you no matter where you are. They've realized that they love you, and that they come to miss you when gone for so long. Even if they can't see you right now, they'll be waiting till that day will come. What a nice sound from the Peas, hope they make more like this. Enjoyable.



Song 833: Glee - Thriller/Heads Will Roll

When it comes to mash-ups, it's either a hit or a miss. This is definitely a hit! Take a hit song, mix it with an indie track, and you get a dance number!

Regardless of the horror you in, you just want to dance until you are dead - and with a sound like this, I don't mind at all. I hope that when I go to a club, that they will be playing this; it gets you off your feet and move to this cheer-ific number. I recommend watching the Disney interpretation, it's fantastic. Maniacal laugh.


How can such an upbeat song be full of misery? Ask these guys, they'll tell you all about it.

They're looking at the hard times in life, wondering when they will get their break. After working so hard, you start thinking to yourself: is what I'm doing going to pay off in the end? Then you start questioning the almighty, needing to know an answer soon as possible! And they do this to such a happy tune. Add in some Spanish, and then I get confused with the message. Desperate times calls for good music :"D



Song 835: Jesse McCartney - She's No You

I think he's really talented, and I REALLY wished that he stayed with this kind of music. You've tested the waters, now return to what you do best!

His eye might be looking at another girl once in a while, but what she doesn't know that she's incomparable to anyone else. Why be jealous? He's all yours no matter how hard other girls try. To prove it, he stuffs a lot of words in the verse, and I have no clue what he's saying. The main point: you are the one. Violins are more proof that he's showing his love.


Song 836: Kelly Rowland ft Travie McCoy - Daylight

This is such a fun song from Kelly, I really like it. I only found out now that it's a cover - that explains the funky tune coming out of it!

I knew that it was for a French film, and I'll be having to check it out, wondering how this track fits the movie in any way. To make it modern, add in Travie McCoy talking about chasing dreams and Paris Hilton. But that's not the point! It's about enjoying yourself regardless of the time. It's the middle of the night? Let's party on! We're young, we can do what we like.



Song 837: Julie Andrews - Stay Awake

After seeing this trailer, I don't know what to think of this song anymore T_T

But the children don't want to sleep! What does the nanny do? Sing a song agreeing with them... but there's a twist. She puts it to the sweetest melody, and just like a charm, it works on them. Oh Reverse Psychology, you are one clever genius. It's like a game that she plays with them, and she wins without any effort. Well played Poppins, nannies are magical.


Song 838: McMaster & James - Sweet Sensation (Remix)

This was an interesting song. I don't think I knew what they're were talking about when I saw this on the HitList, but I guess I'll take a stab at it:

He wants this girl, and he knows that she wants him. She's resistant from giving in, but sooner or later, they'll come to their senses. Nothing wrong with the original mix, I just have this from my Planet Pop CDs. Ah, those were the days when the pop seemed oh so pure and clean. They have nice voices, I wish they stuck around. Oh well, onto the next duo.



Wow, this brings so many memories! In my elementary school, everyone loved this song - I'm amazed that it still gets me excited d":

I knew this was for a film! I just never heard of it before. Instead, it reminds me of this one. So what if your day sucks? We all have them, move on! In the end, we're still rock stars for life! It's all in the attitude towards life, and how you deal with it. Such a good band, they should keep on making music. Positive songs for the win! I used it in my mix. Enjoy.




I was obsessed with this song! I just can't remember exactly how I stumbled upon this. This has to be one of my all-time favourite songs, because I was stupid enough to spend $20 on the single. Hey, I was really into my Japanese music at this point of my life!

The sound is cute, and it's about a young love that has the potential to bloom! Isn't that sweet? Story time: I put this song on a mix CD I sent to my crush... never got a response. Oh Japanese, you know your adorableness like nobody else. Keep being amazing!

No comments: