Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pocketful Of Sunshine: Songs 801 to 810

Be aware with honesty, you may never know what will come out of it.


Song #809: Do anything you want you can slow me down, oh no...

 Song 801: Cliff Edwards - Stop, Look, Listen/I'm No Fool [Medley]

Because I can't find the song online, there are two links in the title! Isn't that exciting?

He is the actor for Jiminy Cricket, and with a voice like that, how can you not listen to his words of advice? He's talking about the procedures before crossing the road, and being careful in general. I miss these days, where values were fun and pure; it better come back, I don't want to hear today's issues anymore >.<"


Song 802: Madonna ft Justin Timberlake - 4 Minutes

Regardless of what she does, it feels like everyone will still love her. Madonna has somyou e loyal fans.

There was so much excitement built around this song, I guess it's the first time she tried something so current that it wasn't expected. Throw in the hottest producer of the moment with a teen heartthrob, and you get one wicked tune. I don't see how the verses match the chorus, but it's fun to sing along. Not a bad sound for her, I think it was too... revealing? But she's not giving up her throne anytime soon. Got to admire her.


Song 803: Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone (Acoustic Version)

This is one of the saddest songs she's ever made, I do enjoy this side of Miss Lavigne. So it's a bit weird that it comes off the album The Best Damn Thing, it's the odd one out. The original is lovely on its own, but this has so much more meaning. She can really sing, and with just a guitar, her talent really shines. But the message is so beautiful, how at times when you miss someone, you can't help but let emotions take over. It's that special feeling that you share with someone, how it never goes away... They mean a lot to you, and it's nice to show that you care. Simply well done.



Song 804: Keyshia Cole ft Missy Elliott & Lil Kim - Let It Go

When I was on vacation, my brother and sister would always sing this song when it came on. I didn't know what it was, but I grew to like it.

She is sampling this song, and now I understand why they loved it so much. It's the classic sounds of The Notorious B.I.G., how can you hate it? She's saying that if it don't feel right, better end that relationship. Not convinced? Bring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim, they'll talk some sense into you! They care for you, and sisters got to stand up for each other, right? Fo sho.



Song 805: Rihanna - Breakin' Dishes

Truly, the perfect album that is Good Girl Gone Bad.

This has to be one of my favourite song of hers, how dramatic and angry it is; it gets me all excited! She can't take it how her man has been missing at night, and starts to wonder where he's gone off to. If there's no response, know that there is going to be a lot to pay for. Love the rhythm, it's loud and all over the place. When she performed this on tour, I couldn't contain the happiness built within me. Watch out, you never know who you're dealing with when it comes to love.



Song 806: Eric Solomon - A.L.L.

Once in a while, the radio will play the golden track, that one song that makes you add it to your library.

Here we have the perfect example. From beginning to end, I feel satisfied after listening to it. There's falsetto, cheesy lyrics, and a pumping beat... it's absolutely amazing! Plus, he's local talent! When you find that someone, I think it would feel like this. They're going crazy for you, saying silly stuff that comes out of mind, and just having a grin so big on your face. Eric Solomon, you make good music C":



Song 807: Skye Sweetnam - Number One

My friend was obsessed with her, saying how he got her number and stuff... can't believe I fell for that.

So when this song came out, he was sad how he couldn't see the premiere of the video - yeah, whatever. But it's a teen rock song, bummed about her crush with someone else. If you can't have them, move along. Who knows, in a few years, they might realize the mistake they've made; too late for them. In the meanwhile, she'll be looking for someone better. Love the sound, it suits the attitude she's wearing.



Song 808: Natasha Bedingfield - Pocketful Of Sunshine

This song had the best promotion - it only took two years after it was released d":

Every time I heard this, I am reminded of this scene from the film. I swear, they did an amazing job to make me fall in love with this song again. It's about finding your happy place when life seems rough. Just know that there will be brighter days and that this feeling isn't always going to consume you. It's a strange structure this song, but that's what I like about it. Easy to sing along, and utterly catchy.



Song 809: AFI - Miss Murder

MuchMusic was counting down the best videos of the 2000s, and this was placed in the 70s. I forgot all about it, how silly of me! Bunnies and cults, what could possibly go wrong when there's a pale woman around coming to hunt you down?

They stood out when they came out, and I enjoyed the sound. It kind of suited me with the angst, especially when I thought I could be Goth - yeah right. I don't really know what they're talking about, and I don't think I want to; pretty sure it's morbid. But can't resist a catchy tune, makes me feel so bad... If only I could pull it off.

To be honest, the video looks like an extended American Apparel commercial. But it's Beyoncé, she makes everything right in the world :"D

It's crazy and wild, but it's a side that's enjoyable from her. The sound is a bit alarming (it does sound like that), but it's so strange that I want to keep listening. And she does what she says in the title, from 10 to 1 - a bit odd the things she does, but whatever makes her happy so she gives us great music. I wonder if she were to do an educational song, I'm kind of reminded of that at the moment. I think everyone would listen if she were the teacher C";

No comments: