Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Believe In A Thing Called Love: Songs 1091 to 1100

Love can be a little crazy... when will it be my turn to dive in? I want to try!


Song #1098: You got me in a spin but everythin' is A.OK...

Song 1091: Lady Gaga - Poker Face

If she didn't explain what this song was all about, I thought it would be about poking someone in the face.

It's one of her biggest hits, how can you not like it? From the epic intro to the fierce attitude in her voice, this is one smashing good time. You would think it would be such an innocent game of cards and whatnot... nope, it's a whole different story. What we've got going on here is charades, some lovin', and a whole lot of strange things. If you're in, then let's begin, shall we? A song like this makes it hard to say no.



Song 1092: Kandi - Don't Think I'm Not

Of all the songs, I think this is the most shocking. This isn't because of the message (well, a little), but it's the fact that she is a member of this show.

When I think of it, the song could probably be the theme for one of them... Not sure who, but there must be one like them. Basically, she knows what her man has been up to. But lucky for her, he's so busy that he doesn't notice what's going behind his back. Such a strange situation, but they're both happy, in a messed up kind of way. Hooray for sister's taste in music.


Song 1093: Avril Lavigne - Hot

So I do have the original version of this song! The first time this appeared was here, with a different approach.

It's a rock-love song, a little bit crazy but it's exactly what I'm looking for. When I hear this song, I think of a friend of mine and how they make me feel special... but not that way. They treated me so good - I wonder where they are these days. But this is what I want: someone who makes me bothered with satisfaction.



Song 1094: Letters To Cleo - I Want You To Want Me

They did such a great job with this movie, Shakespeare plays with teen angst is perfection!

I don't know what it is, but the original isn't interesting as this one. There is something about this one that makes me so happy. Maybe it's because of the amped up beats and the voice is so jumpy - it's amazing that it's a cover. All she hopes that they feel just the same as she feels for them. That's how every little crush sounds like, right? I need more music like this, I'll even listen to this version if it means that it will come back!


Song 1095: Taylor Swift - Today Was A Fairytale

Another song for a movie - and she's in this one!

I liked this movie, showing how love is a global thing and that it is shared with everyone on this planet... yay for romance! If anything, this shows the high school days of relationships. It can be wild sometimes, but all in all, it's worth it. And when you're having the best day ever, I'm pretty sure that it would sound a lot like this. Now, if every love story could be like this, then the world would be a better place. Aw, I can't wait for the day when I'll be singing this in my head.



Song 1096: Jennifer Lopez - Get Right

Never knew that Usher originally made the song - JLo put up a notch, and boy it wasn't disappointing!

I just love that saxophone beat, it's so addictive. Just having a good time at the club, and if love comes along the way, let it happen. While we're young, let's enjoy ourselves and see what goes on next. And the dancing: damn, it's good! So good, she performed it 5 years later - she can really please the crowd, huh? My friend had this joke, where he would say this to his cousin. Their response: get left. Yay high school days.


Song 1097: Lady Gaga - Red & Blue

Before Lady Gaga, there was Stefani Germanotta.

She had an EP with the same title as this track. And if this proved anything, it was her talent. From the classic sounds of a rock band comes this little number about being opposites and how badly they want each other. I like this sound from her, it's a bit edgy but also laid back. This is more like a coffee-shop type of song, but nothing wrong with that - it just shows the range she can handle. Certainly different from what we can expect from her these days (refer to the first song).




Where do I begin: my cousin found this in a game that we all use to play. After singing this like crazy, I had to add this to my library. It's freaking awesome!

He can't explain what he's feeling, but he wants more of this high that he's on. And with a little touching going on, you know that it's going to lead to good times. It's full of energy, from that maniac guitar strumming to the psychotic vocals. Maybe this is what love is all about? Riding on these moments. Don't be nervous, just go for it! After all, it's the most powerful thing we have C";



What one great film, the songs do get you amped up.

We get the perspective of two men in this song. First off, there is Governor Ratcliffe, who is excited to dig the ground in search of his one desire: gold. And his boys are going at it to the sounds of the thrill of being part of a discovery. On the other side, we have John Smith, on the search for something more than what he is use to. But they do have something in common: having a deep passion for something that is true to their heart. May the journey live on!



Song 1100: TLC - No Scrubs

My favourite TLC song; think this is also the first time that I heard of them. Can't believe Kandi wrote this.

But they had enough of these bad relationships that don't work out. So to make sure that you don't fall for them, sisters are helping each other warning about the new breed of men: the free-load. He doesn't do anything, and he's living off of you. That's not working with them, and if you fall under that category, you can just be walking on your way home. So much power, and I love it! Simply said, and it couldn't been better.

No comments: