Friday, May 18, 2012

The Last Five Songs: Song 1162

A true romantic with the voice to make you melt. Ooh, how this song gets to me.


Song #1162: You threw out the lifeline just in the nick of time...

Guessed correctly? Today's little love song is...

Brian McKnight - Back At One

The funny thing is, I knew about him before I found out the band... and I thought he was part of this band. Oh well, they are all good singers. From the moment I heard this song, I knew that I loved it oh so much. I think it was the counting chorus that got to me, how he made it so easy to fall in love with someone - I need to try that when I find the one.

It's such a nice piece, how he confesses his love to this person, and how it makes him feel alive. I doesn't come out cheesy, but rather sincere. And after pouring out his emotions, he has to start from the beginning, because love never ends. I wonder what happened to him, because I believe this was the only song that I heard from him. They use to play this on the radio all the time, and every time I hear it, I would sing along to it. When my cousins got married, they made a compilation album as their wedding favours... this was on it. Oh yeah, it's one good romance track right here.

When that note hits at the beginning, you know you're going to be taken away. And then his voice goes a whole key higher: WOW. Not only is he good at writing, but he can hit the high notes really well. When you've found the one, anything is possible. If he ever decides to make music again, I hope that it sounds something like this. For now, I have my childhood memories engraved in the back of my mind, thanks to a little ditty that brings out the best in everyone. Got to give it up for the 90s, they knew what was going on (I thought this was a 2000s track... oh, naïve me!)

No comments: