Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Truly Madly Deeply: Song 1021 to 1030

It's the strange happenings that can make life feel complete and fulfilling.


Song #1024: You don't have to close your eyes, 'cause it's standing right before you...

Song 1021: Mariah Carey - We Belong Together

My friend told me to burn him a CD, and he was obsessed with the song. At that time, I didn't listen to it, even though he kept singing the tune.

When it got popular, I understood why he loved this so much. I do find myself singing this when I feel a bit down, regardless of the fact that I've never been in a relationship. But it's so real, how you find yourself singing songs that make you feel miserable, and hoping that one day you'll come back because she realizes the mistake she's made. An excellent piece.


Song 1022: Katy Perry ft B.o.B - The One That Got Away (Remix)

Oh hey, it's this song again... it appeared here.

So why do I have the remix: it's weird how it doesn't really work, but I do love me some Bobby Ray. His verses are clean, and they add the reality that is needed in the song. All he wanted was to be closer, but something interfered - now he wants it all back. It could have transitioned better, but I'm still excited when they play this version on the radio. Hopefully they team up for another song, because they make a rather nice duo, don't you think?



Song 1023: Darren Hayes - Dress You Up In My Love

I didn't know about the original until I found this cover - I enjoy this one so much, it's one brilliant rendition.

Take the lead singer of Savage Garden, give him a Madonna track, and you've got some epicness going on. He's putting his soul in this number, letting all emotions out and wanting them so desperately. What makes it cute is the ending: he adds four little words that makes it all better ^^ He makes the piece his own, and that's one challenging task to do. Not even Gap can top this version - but I do want a vest d":



Song 1024: Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply

Speaking of Savage Garden, here they are with the biggest love song from the 90s! Very romantic.

The introduction is a nice slow drop, leading to such a hopeful sound. Then he begins to sing, saying everything he'll be to you and all the wishes that hopefully comes true. He wants to travel the world with you until the end of time... if that's not love, then I don't know what is. It's well crafted, and it never gets old! It's one love song that everyone can enjoy.


Song 1025: Natasha Bedingfield - I Bruise Easily

What a mellow song, she shows this side that you don't see often in her music. It's quite the gem.

I attempted to sing this song for voice lessons - it's one tough song. What I love about is the symbolism in her lyrics: everyone that comes into your life leaves a mark on you, but the hard part is differentiating the kindness from the harmful. She lets everyone into her heart, and there are people who will crumble it to pieces... but she must keep going on. Such a sad song, and I really hope she makes more like this.



Song 1026: Far East Movement - So What?

This is the only song I have from them. It's not that I didn't enjoy this song nor this one, it's just not part of my library - my mistake.

But on another note, this is the first time they release a song on their own. I really like this, there's a little rock meshed in with the hip-hop sounds, and the attitude is fresh. It's kind of melodic, how the words flow nicely and all they want is bass... or say the same thing again and again. I don't see the harm in that, it seems all fun and games to me. Damn straight it better be!



Song 1027: Switchfoot - Dare You To Move

To be clear: this wasn't made for the movie, they just used the song that perfectly fits this theme.

I think it's about a relationship that doesn't want to bloom. So what does one do? Probably wrong, but I was like eleven when this song came out. The beginning always gets to me, with that strange sound that I still can't recognize. But having this unclear message has so much depth to me, it puts me in a state where I feel so powerless, questioning myself with what happens next. Only one way to find out.



Song 1028: Ke$ha - We R Who We R

The anthem to stand up and fight for who you are!

A bit on the serious tone, but she's not fooling around when it comes to the subject. She's proud of who she is, and so should you! Express your inner being, and embrace what feels right to you. And whoever gets in the way, just show off Jesus on your necklace - or something like that. It's rather inspiring, in a dramatic-teen way. But that is one tough road, and it may the best part of your travel. An excellent song from her, and here is one group with their take; very nice ^^



Song 1029: Paul Terry & Drew Harrah - My Name Is James

Once again, a movie that I'm pretty sure I've seen but I can't remember what happens - apart from eating the peach and all of a sudden becoming an animated character. So I'm not really sure what this song is about apart that it's about the main character in the story. From the sound of it, it's hopeful and innocent. The way that it's sung is adorable, trying his best to find what it is he's looking for. Such an interesting piece, it's another movie that I have to watch again!




Song 1030: Aqua - Lollipop (Candyman)

This is one of my cousin's favourite songs by them - I still think this one's a little creepy, but I do love Aqua.

I'm pretty sure there's a duo meaning behind the message, so let's stick with what they actually say: She craves for candy, and this man will take her to the sweet land that can fulfill all of her sweet dreams. But there's no denying the awesome beat in this song, very high energy and a little hypnotic. The only thing that doesn't make sense: the video. Let's not ask, and enjoy their creativity. No one's weirder than them.

No comments: