Sunday, December 30, 2012

Top 100 of 2012: 10 to 1



Don't close your eyes because your future's ready to shine



Where did I find this song? Let's say it's through this video (real video, I'll never tell!) But it's incredibly fun, but also very... raunchy? It's not a song for the children. The beat is addicting, probably because it sounds like a video game at first, followed by what seems best paired with naughty dancing d"; This is the song to get you pumped up for just about anything: getting ready to take it down!



009 Marianas Trench - Desperate Measures


There is no denying that Marianas Trench makes some good music. Although they have gone a different route from the beginning, I have no reason to be mad at them. This is my jam! Once it starts playing, the words come right out of my mouth. Some times, you have to work real hard to get to happily ever after; long as you never give up on it, that dream will become a reality. Let's see where the story ends.



008 K’naan - Hurt Me Tomorrow

Now this is more like it! K'naan already makes quality music, but I couldn't get this one out of my head. Whether it's the lyrics or the piano, the whole song is wonderful. It sounds like an anthem of not taking bad news from anyone, because honestly, they probably already know what comes next. So let's not focus on that, and get to it another time... At least, when I am in a happy state of mind c";



007 Kylie Minogue - Timebomb

Underrated? Indeed. I don't know how this didn't get the attention it deserved, and it's sad... But, on the plus side, I heard this in the clubs (it's banging!) And can you believe she is 44? Like, damn! And the sound is ever so hypnotic and sexy - just like her. It gets the heart racing, adrenaline pumping though the veins, and never a dull moment occurs once in this song. It's her best, and all under 3 minutes.



006 Maroon 5 - Payphone

I do prefer the solo version over the rap; it's awkward to have that break in the song. So delicate at first, and then the hard part follows through. Kind of like gently giving bad news, without sounding so harsh... I don't know why I'm so happy to sing along to this? My friends love it, I love it, and that is always a good combination, don't you think? Perhaps it's one thing we all relate to: good music :"D



005 Carly Rae Jepsen - This Kiss

I wish this song would be doing better on the billboard charts, because I am addicted to it. The sound is very 80s, and it's too damn catchy to resist its charm. Yes, it's about giving into your temptations, but sometimes it's better to get over it than to never find out. So happy for Miss Jepsen, I hope her career blasts off into stardom; she is more deserving of a title than one-hit-wonder. Don't want to miss what she's got next!



004 P!nk - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Oh joy! P!nk came back, and the attitude hasn't changed one bit - the way it should be ^^ She's not taking any excuses, and if this isn't working, then it's best to go separate ways and be moving along. It's incredible what she has done with this track, she's telling you as it is, and it's just plain awesome! I could listen to it all day, but I kind of like this version a bit more... Either way, just rock out to it already!



003 Nicki Minaj - Starships

Admit it, you probably sang this until your lungs were hurting. But that isn't a bad thing at all. I mean, Nicki Minaj knows how to make music that you want to dance to... That, and this is a really cute song. 'Live,' 'dance,' and 'love' is what this song's about, and you don't necessarily have to enjoy the tune at all. If you know how to have fun under any circumstance, then it's all good. Hooray for bubblegum pop!!!



002 Owl City - When Can I See You Again?

Greatest surprise! Coming from what may have been the best movie of this year is a genius idea from Disney: getting an Electronic Pop to make the theme for the film. So happy, so exciting, I can't stop getting giddy as I am typing this! Well done is all I have to say, it's incredible. The other best part of the movie must be this song (but the speedy version is awesome!) Oh Adam, you have outdone yourself C":



001 Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

And here is the top spot - are you surprised? I will admit that I was iffy about the song when I first heard it; but a vacation, with this being only played on the radio, and all of a sudden it's stuck in your head. This is what happened to me, and from then I have been singing it with friends in the car, at school, and even at karaoke! The anthem for every broken heart, you know that Taylor says it best. And this being her first No.1 single, it deserves to be on top.



There you have it, can't wait to see what 2013 will bring! Thanks for reading along, more music will be coming!

No comments: