Saturday, December 29, 2012

Top 100 of 2012: 20 to 11


And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit right to the top


020 Marina & The Diamonds - Primadonna


This was a surprise. I heard about her, but not her music. One day, I read an article about this song, so I finally gave it... Oh my. It begins angelically with a light-aired tune, only to be followed by heavy beats and attitude. She makes it interesting, and if this is what I'm missing, then I need some catching up to do with this lady. A party with this song - see, it's good to read about music you don't know!



019 One Direction - Little Things


Yay, love ballads that are so cheesy that you end up gushing about it. But it's true what they say, what you love most about a person are the smallest acts they do. This is what a boy band is all about! And thank goodness for Ed Sheeran (he wrote the track). It's because of him that I am forced to listen to this song every night when my brother takes a shower; but I wouldn't have it any other way.



018 Owl City ft Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Time


This just proves that Adam Young (lead singer of Owl City) is very talented. It's not like his other work, but he is able to make a successful Pop song. He was smart to add Carly here, because it just shot him to the top where he belongs. Yes, the music video looks like a clothing commercial, but that's what the song exactly is: commercial. Please explore more of this Adam, it's the fun I need!



017 Ian Carey & Rosette ft Timbaland & Brasco - Amnesia


Normally I don't go to Facebook as a source for music, but a fashion school posted this on their wall, saying that the students did the makeup. I surprised by how many views it got, followed by how often it was played on the radio. But it has a heavy-mesmerizing beat, and I love Rosette's voice; the appearance of Timbaland was the cherry on top. May there be more dance tracks to come in 2013.



016 Imagine Dragons - It’s Time


Love at first listen! I heard this on the radio, or in this trailer... Either way, I was blown. They are a band you easily can't get enough of, and it seems that they made this song effortlessly. With such a simple beat, it's hard to resist this upbeat, inspiring song. The moment you are happy with who you are is the best feeling ever, and when you come to know that, nothing ever gets in the way. Thank you dragons.



015 Bridgit Mendler - Ready Or Not


Usually, artists get some criticism when they sample another song... This one hardly got any. Coming from the Disney Channel, I am surprised with her first single. It's an easy-breezy-going type of song, and very likeable. Most Disney stars don't even get their music played; but this one did. Hopefully she makes more fun stuff like this, I am interested with what she can come up with next.



014 Kelly Clarkson - Catch My Breath


Some people wait a lifetime for a moment... Can you believe it's been 10 years since she won that competition? She is truly the American Idol. And this song is so beautiful, words can't describe it. This song attached onto me so easily. The video, so simple, yet leaves me in awe - she sometimes looks like her though. I think this is one of my favourite songs from her. May there may more success for Clarkson.



013 Katy Perry - Wide Awake


Two years in the work, and Teenage Dreams finally comes to an end with this masterpiece. It's been quite a journey for Miss Perry, going through love, pain, and finally a conclusion. Such a pretty song from her, it's no wonder why they continually play this song to death. What will the next adventure be for her? That we don't know, but it is going to be big. Hope there are some inspired tracks like this to come.



012 Justin Bieber - Boyfriend


What an unexpected turn from Justin - he is no longer a little boy. This was written by Mike Posner, and he could have kept it for himself; instead, it helped Bieber become more popular than ever. No, it's not really singing, but whispering is quite a challenge. It could have come off as boring, but this is entertaining. Can't help myself, I love me some Canadian talent - besides, what's not to love?



011 One Direction - One Thing

The British Dream Team appears again, but this time with a more upbeat track. You can't help but want to fist pump and sing out loud like crazy to this! Once that guitar strum begins, I lose it like crazy. I feel like this is the one song that gets the girls swept off their feet, balling their eyes out, and fainting over each other; that music has been missing lately, hasn't it? Hooray for boy band revision!




And that's today's list! Tell me what you think :"D

No comments: