Sunday, December 16, 2012

Top 100 of 2012: 60 to 51


Boy I got a P.H.D., I got a masters in boy-ology



  060 Rihanna - Diamonds


It seems like for every year she has been in the industry, an album has been released... the result of a good product? Either way, her voice is very soothing in this one. Like every Rihanna song, I choose to ignore it at first, then give it a try - I like when she sings powerful like this. And the message is nice, it's quite inspirational. Almost a lullaby, yet sexy at the same time. Nice combination.



059 Pitbull ft TJR - Don’t Stop The Party


Definitely a dance party here! I like Pitbull, he dresses classy and creates club bangers... He knows what he's doing. It sounds nostalgic, and I'm pretty sure there is a song that has been sampled here. Oh well, he knows how to sample a song. And it's not just club dancing that you can dance to this, it can easily be ballroom, group performance, anything! One adaptable hit everyone can get into!



058 Outasight - Tonight Is The Night


This was the first song I heard this year, and fell in love with! Not sure who he is, but he does make a pretty catchy single. There's something about it that I can't put my finger on it: his voice, the background music, or the idea of the song? It's like good mood set to what I think is quite a mellow tune - maybe that's what feeling good sounds like. And it's not too shabby at all.




057 Junior Caldera ft Natalia Kills & Far East Movement - Lights Out (Go Crazy)


One listen, and it wasn't even the full song: that's how good it is. I like who is featured in the song, and the tune just blew my mind. This was one underrated single, and they should have played it more often on the radio! Part sexy, part party, and all attitude. Sure, the lyrics are dirty, but I wouldn't expect less from Far East Movement... and a bit from Natalia Kills. Thank You Junior Caldera.



056 Shawn Desman - Nobody Does It Like You


If you ask me, this song reminds me of another song... Here, I made a mashup to show similarities. But the difference between that song and this one is their life span on the radio. This was played for at least half of the year - but really, no one can't love Shawn Desman! He is just so good, and he deserves more attention (he is talented!) Whatever he makes, you know it's going to be so good... Can't wait to hear more.



055 Cher Lloyd - Want U Back


This is a novelty song. Although I don't agree with the ideas of the song, their is one thing that keeps me coming back: the grunt. My friend heard it the first time, and basically that is all she noticed - she's grunting every 10 seconds. I have no problem with that, and I'm not even complaining about her whiny attitude in the song. Too catchy I must say, can't wait to see what she's got up her sleeves.



054 Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World


Well, they just came out of nowhere - but the best bands tend to do that. This song has been commercialized by practically everything, it even became a theme song of such a good show... Why did they cancel it?! But good for them, getting their music out and showing the world how wonderful they are. Seems like their childhood dreams are coming true (pun intended :"p)




053 Olly Murs ft Flo Rida - Troublemaker


Like all of his singles, there is one common theme: they are damn catchy. I like his old school sound, it's refreshing in a world of music that can sound similar so easy. But you can't mistake this for anything else from this year. The guitars, the violins, I love every second of it... But I don't really understand Flo Rida's bit - meh, it doesn't get in the way of the song. I swear, British are very talented ^^



052 Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso ft Ryan Tedder - Calling (Lose My Mind)


First heard this in a game. Then I heard it in the club. Next thing you know, I'm downloading it. I knew that voice sounded familiar, it's the lead singer of OneRepublic! It's a hopeful dance track, added with a little bit of mystery. It make you want to know if they will ever find the one that's on their mind. And of course, this song leads to some major fist pumping. That is the result of a good thing, always.



051 Mike Posner - Looks Like Sex

I do feel sad that he was one-hit wonder, because I think this song is quite genius. His voice is so raspy, and the sound is quite hypnotic. And if the title isn't enough, the sound is super sexy, it's like they're imitating heavy breathing (very nice). And I can't get enough of the music video: it's so cool, and visually appealing. It's so wrong, but I can't get enough of it... Ooh, so sensual.





What do you think of the list? Leave a comment below!

No comments: