Sunday, December 15, 2013

New Old Music: The Best Discoveries

As the year comes to an end, I have decided to make not 1ne, not 2wo, but 4OUR countdown lists (yeah, I had to do that with my numbering XD) The first one commemorates the best songs not of this year, but the songs I happen to stumble upon while looking for new music. So let's get to the Top 10 Songs that I found in the year 2013. Shall we? :"D





You're Biting My Tongue...


10) Flo Rida - Turn Around (5,4,3,2,1)


Year: 2010

I don't know how I could have ignored this song. My cousin is a fitness instructor, and she always use this for workout. And honestly, who wouldn't want to work out to this song... And make that booty go d";


Year: 2010

Watched a video of a cute couple, and this song appeared. Although some of the lyrics are cheesy, it does make an adorable song for any occasion :"3








8) Miss Amani - Sexy

Year: 2011

Of course a song titled "sexy" has to come in the list. Originally, I thought this was by Paris Hilton... But instead, Miss Hilton releases something else. This was on my favourite show, The New Normal - but it got cancelled. That scene though, yowza...



Year: 2011

The same video from the #9 song is where I found this song. I love it, sounds like an easy-going love... If it does happen, I am assuming. But after hearing it, who wouldn't?! Seriously, I need to start watching more Youtube videos (more than I usually do)







6) Escape Plan - Brightest Star In The Night Sky (逃跑计划 - 夜空中最亮的星)

Year: 2012

The only Chinese song that appears on this list! The actual release was in 2013, and it should be on my other countdown, but for time purposes, I will leave it here. I heard it from my boyfriend, and I don't understand why music can't be this beautiful in English. Wish I could tell you what they're talking about, but regardless, the composition is comforting for the ears.


Year: 2010

Hello, hotness! Please make more music, because what you're doing, I'm loving it. It's like he is being modest, but being cute at the same time. He music is very organic, in the way that it's easy to like, and very sweet, and down to the point. Any day, he can be my Superman ^^



Year: 2011

While vacationing in Spain, there was a channel that the televisions would always be on. Basically, they play music videos all day long (genius!) This came on, and I enjoyed it very much. She's talented, it has that old vibe, with a random rap verse thrown in for kicks. Get out, she don't want you no more.

Year: 2009

I may or may not have heard this last year, I honestly can't remember. All that I do know is that I finally downloaded the song this year d": Continuing the old vibe sound, I feel like I just want to jump and jive! I swear, if it wasn't for the music, there would be no reason to dance, especially when it's so catchy like this ^^



Year: 2008

Funny how television introduces you to a variety of music you never knew you needed in your life. Take this one for example, I found it on 2 Broke Girls - that show is hilarious - offensive at times, but hilarious. There was one scene where they played this song, and I wanted to imitate them once I saw it. Despite the band's name, it's certainly entertaining from inside jokes in the lyrics to the video itself. Oh, you will have a ball with this song!


Year: 2011

Is it just me, or is this song just getting attention now? It appeared in films, on television, and now it's being heavily played on the radio. It's weird, but I don't care! I first heard it in the film Warm Bodies, and I thought it was a different song. I don't know what they are singing, but I can deal with that. Not sure if I want to throw my hands in the air, or chill with it. What's the best part of the song? The saxophone. No song is complete without a saxophone.

No comments: