Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sincerely, 2012


I Want 16 Pints Of Rum & Then I Go Bom Bom!


10) Far East Movement ft Flo Rida & Sidney Samson - Change Your Life

Release Date: October 26, 2012

It's one of those songs that you can thoroughly enjoy and let go to. There's that vibe where they want you to let go and experience something new. Such a shame that Far East Movement don't get much attention, they have so much more potential than their earlier works. They can get the party started!





9) Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft Mary Lambert - Same Love


Release Date: July 18, 2012

This song was everywhere this year. It makes me wonder why it only got attention recently though. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are some innovative people. Their songs are about what people need, not what they want. A slow song, but with the US having issues legalizing marriage between the same sex, there needs to be a voice for those who can't speak. Expect quality music from this group.




8) Labrinth ft Emeli Sandé - Beneath Your Beautiful


Release Date: October 18, 2012

Nothing but beauty is within this song. Coming from the UK, these two acts have made a piece so peaceful and quiet that it cannot be contained. The only thing I'll be nit-picky about would be the chorus, because at times it sounds a little… suggestive. But other than that, their voices go so well together. And with the simplicity of the violins and drums, it's hard to not fall in love with such a song.


7) Avicii vs Nicky Romero - I Could Be The One


Release Date: December 31, 2012

I will admit that it's not exactly fair to put this song on this countdown due to its release date, but then again, I actually messed up my Top 100 list… So, let's get to this song, right? The video is hilarious! Not exactly what I imagined it to be, but it just shows you that dance music is translatable to any situation. Basically another song about letting go of your fears and diving into a new adventure, with a beat the match the intensity this new chapter that awaits for you. So, what are you waiting for?



Release Date: August 19, 2012

Another act from the UK who I have never heard about. And then, the Joe Fresh commercials came out. They are fantastic and adorable ('came' is my favourite one!) One thing lead to another, and all of a sudden the TV starts playing the actual music video. Funny where media exposure can get you d": It's got all the bells and whistles from simple lyrics to loud horns - try not to dance to it, it will certainly be a difficult challenge.




Release Date: October 23, 2012

Sounds like an old Irish jig, right? I think they got inspired by the ever so popular motto, and that's just crazy. But I like the sound they make with this song. After last year, all I get is one song that's not even of this year?! Come on boys, I need new stuff from you! This is like pub music that everyone can sing along to, and honestly it's about damn time that people appreciate music like this! If there were more songs like these, I'd probably be drinking more often… Okay, probably not, but I would definitely enjoy what they be playing in pubs.

4) ASAP Rocky ft Drake, 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar - F**kin' Problems

Release Date: October 24, 2012

48 is the number I believe the word "f**k," or a variation of it is blurted out in the song… Don't look at me, my boyfriend showed me the song! But I love the beat of it, or the random women singing in the background? Not completely sure, but it certainly was a highlight in music. I mean, you got a problem - but it wasn't swearing? It's about them b**ches that you love being a problem… Something like that. Just listen to the song, I really like how angry A$AP Rocky sounds in the song. It's a thrill for sure d";


3) Icona Pop ft Charli XCX - I Love It

Release Date: May 9, 2012

Probably one of the biggest songs of this year, the Europeans have been rocking to this the previous! And it's about getting rid of that good-for-nothing. Who cares if everything is destroyed? Long as you're getting over it, that's all that really matters, right? And to a tune so catchy to forget whats-its-name, you'll be high on this song! Can you believe this song got attention from Snooki & Jwoww? So MTV must be doing something right if it's been playing everywhere… And who said that MTV doesn't play music anymore?


2) Train ft Marilou/Ashely Monroe - Bruises

Release Date: October 5, 2012

This was actually a surprise to myself! Was listening to the radio and I just thought, "Hey, Train has a new song! I like it!" Not only was this little gem playing on the air, but I also found out there are 2 versions of the song! The video features Ashley, but this performance features Marilou who also sings it in French. Certainly a nice way to sing about past memories that may not have been the best, but are a significant part of life. And by letting others know, the pain can be healed. So let's start sharing away.


1) Passenger - Let Her Go

Release Date: July 24, 2012

I know I heard this song this year… I think. So it makes me why no one played this song last year?! Being released 17 months ago, there is no reason why this was hidden to the world. To whomever exposed this song to all: thank you. Such sorrow is caused by your own mistakes, and although it may be unbearable that pain you've caused, you have to learn from them and embrace what you have done. Hope your lesson is learned so future heartaches are not your own fault.



Until next year, may I hear more songs that I should have known this year d":

No comments: