Sunday, December 21, 2014

New Old Music: The Best Discoveries

If you feel like this whole year has been a blur, you are not the only one. When it comes to music, I tend to find some great songs a few years after its release, while other times they are tracks that are not even a single that was released. Now, let me show you what New Old Music I found from this year (and believe me, it's good).


And I ain't going back...



Year: 2010

I am not quite familiar with the band other than their remixes, but I'm rather impressed with their material. First heard this song in the premier episode of Hunting Season (should check that show out for the music). Overall, a great lounge track to unwind.











Year: 2012

One day, I was looking at those same day wedding videos (those people make a lot of money!) and this song came up. I thought it was adorable, and makes me frustrated why I never gave Ellen Degeneres' artist a chance... A pleasant surprise indeed.











Year: 2012

There's something about DJs mixing old tracks and making them new - this is a prime example. Sampling Player - Baby Come Back, it's incredible to take three words and make a sound unlike anything I've heard before. Got to give it to the DJ mastering their craft.











Year: 2011

Not familiar with the band, but this member displays his voice very well in the track. From the moment I heard this track, I just had to know what it was, despite knowing nothing other than the English sung in the song. Hope to discover more ballads like these.









06 Arcade Fire - The Suburbs



Year: 2010

Hello, Canada! I believe I saw the music video first, and I was mesmerized. The song is eery, especially when there is this Folk-influenced vibe hiding in the song. Not sure what made me stay, but I know that I'm hooked on it ever since.











Year: 2011

I mean, look at the artwork of this single, need I say more? I may not understand the vocals, but it adds sensuality within the oddity of this track. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it's a song to definitely to get down... and dance, of course.











Year: 2010

Everything about this track is perfection. From its simplistic sounds to the creepy vocals of this track, there is nothing less I would have expected from the title itself. When it comes to curiosity, shall one pursue it? Depends how deep you're willing to explore.












Year: 2012

My cousin showed me this song, and ever since it has been stuck in my head. Essentially, this is the cutest song I heard from his playlist, so it caught me off guard. Perhaps I should listen to more Indie Music like so, never know what one can find.











Year: 2011

This song kept playing in the promotions for her world tour... Little did I know was how much this song helped me - it was the motivation that I needed. Had two different interpretations of the song, but now I understand. Thank you, Charice.








01 Savage - Swing



Year: 2005

I asked my friend to play me a song, and she played this. It's her favourite track, and I couldn't help myself from laughing so hard d": Not what I would expect from her, but definitely a crowd pleaser. Demeaning? Yes. Entertaining? Absolutely.

No comments: