Thursday, December 17, 2015

Honourable Mentions

2015 marked an incredible year for music. It's quite all over the place, but somehow, I managed to do it. Unfortunately, not every song can break my personal Top 100. So without any notice, let's get to the contenders of music.


Two villains on the run, yeah, two kids following the sun...

I think it's all about Stevie in this song, even though it's simply him with his harmonica. Other than that, featuring a female vocal was a nice touch to make this summery-vibe song come to life. Who would have thought I shout out Redfoo on any countdown... Certainly not me.

129 Rihanna - Bxxch Better Have My Money
Took some time for me to like this song. It's vulgar, but with reason. Not to mention, it's quite fun to say aloud.

128 Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - I Know What You Did Last Summer
Just let it grow on you. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a big single in 2016. It's just the beginning.

127 Kacey Musgraves - Biscuits
Simply put, she's adorable. Country music is at its finest with this addition, makes the genre highly appealing.

126 Ciara - I Bet
Similar to an Usher song, but it's all Ciara. Too bad she's not mainstream, she's an astounding talent.

125 Big Sean ft Kanye West & John Legend - One Man Can Change The World
Heard this while on vacation, and I didn't even know Big Sean made music like this. Truly remarkable.


124 Jack Ü ft AlunaGeorge - To Ü
Everything sounds like Rudimental, but it's from the duo. AlunaGeorge is the topper of this piece.


123 Missy Elliott ft Pharrell Williams - WTF (Where They From)
Run for cover - Missy is back. Not a bad reintroduction, but I can't wait to hear what's next - it's much needed.

122 Miley Cyrus - Lighter
I like Miley Cyrus when she makes tranquil songs like these. It makes you crave for more of this content.

121 Sam Smith - Writing’s On The Wall
For the film Spectre, the romantic theme slowly grew on me. Dare I say it, might be one of the best for Bond.

120 Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young
Amazing how one person can change your thoughts on a song. It just takes a singalong to get you hooked.

119 Jidenna ft Roman GianArthur - Classic Man
What an interesting individual. Part of Janelle Monáe's group, he certainly knows how to make an entrance.

118 Foxes - Body Talk
Foxes is unstoppable. Though I'm not the biggest fan of her new direction, it's undeniably catchy.

117 Lady Gaga - I Want Your Love
Didn't even know that Gaga made a song - but it still counts if it's a fashion ad! It's like Dress You Up 2.0.

Those high falsettos created an addictive track that I couldn't get enough. Wish I paid more attention to it.

115 Gwen Stefani - Used To Love You
Heartbreak with sincerity. Not the hit single I would want from Stefani, but she needed to say something.

114 Marina & The Diamonds - Blue
On the other hand, there's this optimistic confection to reel a past lover back to them. Consider it 'cute.'

113 One Direction - Drag Me Down
Boy bands being astronauts - why not? With a touch of rock, what else could a fangirl want? Thus lives 1D.

112 Iggy Azalea ft Jennifer Hudson - Trouble
Poor Amethyst. Jennifer Hudson sounds amazing in this piece, she's enough to be excited about the track.

111 Demi Lovato - Confident
Demi has fully emerged into pop stardom. However, I think her vocals could have been stronger in this one.

110 Miley Cyrus - BB Talk
Sure, the video is questionable, but her vocals are undeniably good. It's strangely appealing to the ears.

109 Charli XCX ft Rita Ora - Doing It
Reckless fun was much needed in 2015. Luckily, the English duo managed to make one powerful girl anthem.

108 Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece
Never underestimate the American Idol. She can make any ballad exciting, and this is no exception.

107 Mia Martina ft Waka Flocka - Beast
Sounds similar to another song, but with a catchier rhythm. Sultry and sensual, who knows where you're going.

106 Francesco Yates - Better To Be Loved
Welcome a new talent to the scene. It wouldn't stop on radio, and hopefully he'll release something else soon.

105 Psy ft CL - Daddy
The year wouldn't be complete without Psy. He just pulled this out of nowhere. This one's not bad.

104 Jack Ü ft Justin Bieber - Where Are Ü Now
Wasn't too sure about this song. I mean, it's catchy, but I couldn't get over the vocal editing. Is it good, or bad?

103 Rudimental ft Ed Sheeran - Lay It All On Me
Rudimental just knows who to collaborate with next. So when Ed Sheeran came, I was all over it.

102 Hedley - Hello
Maybe it's Canadian thing to make songs similar to others? Honestly, I can't get this out of my head.

101 Janet Jackson ft J. Cole - No Sleeep
All of the best are returning! Not the major hit I'd be hoping for, but such satisfying throwback to her roots.

No comments: