Wednesday, April 18, 2018

27 Songs To 27: 1991

27 Days. 27 Songs. 27 times to embarrass myself. Let's take a musical journey into my life, shall we?

*Disclaimer - This is an alternative playlist*

So picture this: one February night, I was just laid off from my recent job, and in the midst to begin a new one - not exactly the direction I thought life would take me. With the free time that I had, I started to think about the number 27.

Turning 27 in May, I thought it would be a fun little project to come up with a list of my favourite songs for every year I have been alive. Although a fun process, I also found the task to be difficult. For some of the years, I came up with three, four, or five songs to claim favourite track; the elimination game was hard.

But alas, I did come up with a list, which will be revealed for these 27 days until my 27th birthday. What songs will make the cut? Let's find out with the year I was born: 1991 (the palindrome year).

Many great things happened in 1991, like Beauty and the Beast and Rugrats (what can I say, I love animation). The song that stands out to me is a song I discovered when I was in my teen years. Although I was not much a fan of his music, this artist had made some amazing songs. For every time I started falling in love in my early 20s, this is what I imagined the song would sound.

I still can't believe this song is the same age as me, and I hope you enjoy my cover of the song:

No comments: