Saturday, April 21, 2018

27 Songs To 27: 1994

Who's ready for a slow jam? This song brings so many memories of all the boy band clichés... and I for one, am all for it! Here's to the decade that was brought up through harmonies. When I think of boy bands of the 90s, it's easy to say 'Backstreet Boys' and '*NSYNC.' While those bands are the popular choice, Boyz II Men and this band were the standard for crooning romance.

I didn't realize how much sampling and covering songs were a trend for the 90s - it's astounding. What was one artist's song became the best single for the band - and it's not hard to see why. From the solos and power delivered, this song brings out the happiness in love (what can I say, I am a sucker for love songs).

Simple and straightforward, that's the way love should be. I present to you, today's song from 1994:

No comments: