Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tightrope: Songs 881 to 890

Just a lot of random fun here, you're definitely not sitting for any reason!


Song 883: Keep getting funky on the scene while they jumpin' round ya...

Song 881: Janet Jackson - Together Again

I never understood why my nanny loved this song so much, I didn't pay much attention to it when I was young... Oh how naïve I use to be indeed.

There's harps, there's a groovy tune, it's like a piece of paradise! She knows that you can't be there all the time, but just the thought of you can make her so happy. She doesn't mind waiting for you, long as you come back into her arms. If that's all she needs for motivation, then she'll be unstoppable. Wonderful.


Song 882: Carly Rae Jepsen - Tug Of War

I simply can't get over this picture, she's so adorable! Just like her first hit - ah, she's had it all along!

But I enjoy her old stuff, it's very bubbly and the mature lyrics don't get in the way. She wants them to stay with her, or she might act up and do something... or maybe they enjoy that about her? The jealous side coming out of her (it can be adorable sometimes). It's one chilled song, I love the instruments being played here and how well it flows. Please don't change styles!



Song 883: Janelle Monáe - Tightrope

All it took was one song for me to fall in love with her - and it worked! And here is the track that started it all.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how I found this other than looking up videos on the web. I stumbled upon this, and I was taken away by the dancing, her style, and the spontaneity of Miss Monáe. It's about... something. I'm not exactly wrong, it's just you can't exactly put your finger on it. I love how she keeps me guessing all the time! She was so amazing in concert, I hope she releases something new - I just can't wait!



Ooh, a song to get you off your feet! And when it's Janet Jackson, you know you will for sure!

Of all the dance tracks she's made, I think this is her most intense one yet. She's singing her heart out, dancing like there's no tomorrow, all while making this cult seem so much fun! And who wouldn't want to be part of a country proud to get on the floor and move their body? I want to be a citizen of the groovin' land. But boy, the 80s had it going on - it seemed bigger and better in every perspective. I command you to dance!



I like Ke$ha, I wouldn't do half the things she says in a song, but it's good party music (admit you like her!)

She knows how to make a song, and she doesn't even have to sing - that has to be talent. Stop with the chit chat, and let's get some action going! I see why this film used this song to promote it ^^. But it's a good way to look at life: enough with the talking, time for fun stuff. Add in a duo with the same style, and it's smokin'. To prove it, here is a dance number from a very fun show. Now get on the job, and do it!



Song 886: Randy Newman - You've Got A Friend In Me

Such a nice little folky tune from one of the best animated film that made me wonder if my toys came to life when I wasn't there... I still think something goes on at least once in a while when I'm not looking ^^

This has to be the nicest song from any movie, nothing can beat a tune like this. Sure, the time may go but the kinship between the two will never die. Whenever you are bored or have something to talk about, you can always turn to your friend and they'll always be there. Thank Disney for the true meaning of friendship!


Song 887: Lights - Toes

The first release off her sophomore album, and I'll admit that I wasn't much a fan of it. It took me some time to get into the song. I thought it was so weird, a bit unusual compared to what I was use to. But like how she described it, the song isn't perfect and there are parts of her music where it was an accident that she ended up enjoying. Maybe that's what I like about the song, the oddity of it and how well it came out together. It's a bit mystery mixed in with the anticipation. Makes me wonder what exactly has gotten her so excited about. Unexpectedness at its best - keep it coming.



If it sounds familiar, it's because they sampled one awesome song. And wow, it's nothing alike!

It's like the same message, but said in a different way. There's a lot of energy, especially when it comes from a boy group. When I was young, I use to be scared of the video - sorry, I don't think putting paint on one another is a fun idea? But nonetheless, it's one song to nod your head and do whatever you feel like. It certainly beats writing an exam, which reminds me... Oh, I can do that later. Now is the time we party!




I was buying some albums one time, and I really didn't know what to get. So I ended up getting this CD, I thought the logo was cool, and I thought I would find this song on the album... but this is one good substitute!

I think it depicts today's society very well, how the world is connected and how mad we have gone. Strange how relevant a song can be when it's been some time. I love the sound of this, I wish more stuff like this was on the radio. Sigh, hopefully there will be more songs this, I enjoy thought-provoking songs.



They are one diverse band, you don't hear a lot singing in a different language for no apparent reason... maybe they should do that more often.

Here is the original, and I didn't realize how much they changed it. But I'm more surprised that it was used in this movie, makes me wonder if I want to know what they're talking about - the lyrics could be different for all I know. But it's the Gorillaz, they make the most awesome music. They strange and unknown of them makes them so interesting, don't you think?

No comments: