Sunday, June 30, 2013

New Old Music

Consider this as an early celebration for Canada Day, since I am one day early for the birth of a wonderful nation. The music is quality, with a lot of acts I have yet to hear about. Which brings today's post all the way back to 1990 - this song is one year older than me.


Jane Child - Don't Wanna Fall In Love

So I was listening to the radio while driving one day, and sometimes I listen to songs that I am not familiar with (due to being bored with the current music that gets killed by the radio). This little tune comes in, and it threw me in with the glittery synths and that strange cache in her voice. Not exactly raspy, not dramatic, but action-packed? Don't know how to describe it, it's unusual, and it works perfectly with this dance track. Add in some odd jewelry, a hair style only she can pull off, and voila! You've got a Canadian Act... Well, at least a one-hit wonder Act d":

No comments: