Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Honourable Mentions

All kinds of sounds to listen to during 2018, from mellow tracks to high-paced numbers. But with all of that music, not every song can make it to the Top 100. Here are some of my favourite songs that almost made the list - believe me, it's all over the place!


Bet you've never seen what's truly in my heart...



Wish I could tell you where I found this song, however, I cannot recall. But I am glad that I took note of this little gem. It's not usually the music I listen to, but it's one happy, mellow track. Indie artist Matt Stern has a lot to show, and I look forward to seeing what he has to offer for 2019.

129 Kygo & Imagine Dragons - Born To Be Yours
Not sure if I like the song or not. The chorus was what caught me off guard, but makes the song memorable.

128 Jennifer Lopez ft ft DJ Khaled & Cardi B - Dinero
Those DJ Khaled shout-outs though... Poking fun at how rich all these people are, but the video is bomb.

127 Rita Ora - Let You Love Me
The difficulties of love when you can't even figure out what you want. We need more songs like these.

126 Toni Braxton - Long As I Live
Saw this while on YouTube one day. Braxton looks different, but her voice is still the same. Love.

125 Tobtok & Ghassemi ft ONIVA - Too Cool To Dance
Think mid-2000s Pop-Rock songs, but to a dance beat. This is that song, and it's oh so nostalgic.

124 Aqua - Rookie
Trying something new, the return of Aqua definitely caught my attention. All in all, they're catchy as always.

123 Christina Aguilera ft Demi Lovato - Fall In Line
Not sure if this is soulful, or showing off? But the dream collaboration left more to be desired. Encore!

122 Imagine Dragons - Zero
Love me some Wreck-It-Ralph, and the video is strangely unique. Perhaps the band will try Electronic music?

121 Jocelyn Alice - Still Wondering
That radio song that you enjoy from time to time. This folky chant will wander in and out of your head.

120 Dear Rouge - Live Through The Night
Haven't heard much from Dear Rouge, but this is a new edgier side that I like seeing from them.

119 XXXTENTACION - SAD!
A great voice that was taken away too soon. Jahseh, may you get the attention that you deserve.

118 Maluma - Felices los 4
Cute song, with no idea what he's singing about... But do you care when Maluma is one attractive man?

117 Jhené Aiko ft Rae Sremmurd - Sativa
Don't quite understand the song, but their voices work well together. I need more chill songs like these.

116 CNCO, Meghan Trainor & Sean Paul - Hey DJ
A random combinations that works on so many levels. Can you say, the next Zumba workout song?

115 Frank Walker ft Riley Biederer - Heartbreak Back
When you just want the love back, but not them. The conflict makes this piece a powerful one.

114 DNCE - Dance
A fun song that plays off the band's name, and I wish this was a single. I'm sure it would have done well.

113 Bea Miller - S.L.U.T.
The X-Factor contestant has grown up, and is not taking anything from anyone. And I'm glad to listen.

112 Shaun Frank ft YA-LE - Bon Appétit
Sounds like a lounge song, and I keep finding myself coming for seconds. A surprise track on the radio.

111 Childish Gambino - This Is America
The video reveals a lot about America, and it's not pretty. Goes to show how clever is Donald Glover.

110 POESY - Soldier Of Love
From "The Launch," this show gave some great radio hits. With such an interesting voice, I want to hear more.

109 Julia Michaels - In This Place
"Ralph Breaks The Internet," I thought this song was soulful... It's a theme song, and a really dynamic one.

108 Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love
A move in the right direction, but something is missing... Just one step closer to becoming that Pop star.

107 Sigala, Ella Eyre, Meghan Trainor ft French Montana - Just Got Paid
The stylings of Sigala mixed with three other genres of music. And you know what? It's absolutely brilliant.

106 Kris Wu - Like That
Former EXO member entering solo artist territory. Not bad, but not good - no need to hide behind autotune!

105 Camila Cabello - Consequences (Orchestra)
That heartbreak song that gets you. When Camila shows vulnerability, it's one beautiful side that we see.

104 Drake - God’s Plan
Enjoyed the song, that is, until it got played to death. Still a great song, but just need a break from it.

103 ФАБРИКА - Могла как могла (Fabrika - Could As She Could)
Random song? Yes. Catchy? Absolutely! It's like a mix of cultures, all embraced in the Slavic language song.

102 Aleesia Cara - Trust My Lonely
Taking on adult situations, Alessia Cara is growing up, and I for one, am ready for this era.

101 EXO - Tempo
How could I forgotten about my heartthrobs? I didn't appreciate their artistry that is EXO in 2018.

No comments: