Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sincerely, 2011

Can you believe all the amazing music from 2012? But before we get to the actual countdown, here are the songs I am not including - mainly because of the release date. I shall explain...



What? How is this not Number 1 on the countdown?!

To be honest, I never understood how a year-end countdown works. I mean, wouldn't songs from this year ONLY be counted? I think in terms of music, it's like a school year, give or take a month? So, like songs released from September of last year to maybe October of this year should be included in the countdown, right? At least, that's how I think Billboard does it... Oh well, this countdown includes only songs from 2012... But nonetheless, have to mention the hits of this year which were released a few months too late:


Release Date: July 5, 2011

I thought this was a very interesting song, and that it was well made. Definitely one of those songs you sing to, even though you know it's so sad. It appeared on Gossip Girl, and a bunch of other media-related mediums... Too bad it's from last year, but it's an honourary memorable song of 2012.






Release Date: September 20, 2011

I am surprised that this song is from last year as well! I only heard of them this year, and they included one of my favourite artists in this song... What more could you ask for? And a slow-motioned music video?! Definitely going to keep listening to them for sure! Hooray for calmed havoc!






Release Date: March 13, 2011

This is the song that think it could... and finally, it did! I remember listening to this in the summer of last year on the radio, but it only got attention now... Weird, I guess it had to take some time for North America to get into this song. Thank goodness she kept on trying, a song of hers appears on my year-end countdown!






Release Date: September 13, 2011

I like this song! I can't believe I only discovered it only when the year is about to end... Aiya. Not really sure where I heard this, but I think it was on the radio. That, and apparently Glee did a cover (didn't watch that episode). But, the song did reach the top of the charts this years, so kudos to them! Hope to hear more in the new year.





Release Date: December 9, 2011

It seems there is no slowing down from Mr. Guetta, and that is a good thing! He knows who to work with, and Sia was a perfect choice for this song (before, it was Mary J. Blige). I think North America doesn't pick up on such amazing songs fast enough, and something needs to be changed... Oh well, this brings back many memories at the club (no matter what, one would always hear this song being played, particularly this remix).




Release Date: August 18, 2011

OK, so this wasn't a big hit from 2012, but I really enjoyed this piece. It was only this year that I discovered it, and just had to mention this song. I love the mix of a dance beat with such beautiful vocals, it's the best collaboration ever thought of. And I just figured out that the music video was shot in Vancouver... makes me wonder if Chrizzo & Maxim are from here. Hope the radio introduces more talent like this :"D




Release Date: December 14, 2011

Apparently, the actual song was released this year, but the music video was released last year? Oh well, I considered this still of 2011 because I've been listening to this since November of 2011! And what an improvement from her previous single (that was kind of boring, to be honest). Refreshing energy, and such wonderful choreography... She knows how to please her fans - no wonder why she remains the American Idol ^^




Release Date: July 10, 2011

I thought they were a new band, but actually they have been making music since 2010. It was this single they premiered in North America, and it's catchy! At first, I didn't get into it, but after a few listens, it got stuck in my head. Definitely a summer track, and definitely a fist-pumping kind of track... Because there aren't enough of those, you know d":





Release Date: September 11, 2011

I think only the UK version of The X Factor actually creates successful acts... I mean, what happened to the other countries and their winning acts? First saw them on TV, and it was like love at first listen/view/everything. It's such a sweet song, and I love the message behind it. If boy bands had made a comeback, so glad it's extra cheesy. Hooray for sugar-coated pop!





Release Date: September 20, 2011

If you're from Canada, you know that this song has been playing for 15 months straight. I think this is the only song that has survived on the radio for so long... But I'm not complaining! Can't deny it is the catchiest, and most amazing song you have ever heard. Even if you get tired of it, it'll come back again, creeping in your head, and you know it'll make you happy! Success? Yes, this is what it sounds like. This song is old, it appeared here before on my blog.




Release Date: April 17, 2012

I should include this song in the countdown since it was officially released this year, but I can't help but remember that I heard this last summer, sometime around July 2011 I believe. Mr. Ocean himself leaked his own version of the song, as he was about to give the single to another artist... Good thing he didn't. But it's been an amazing year for Ocean, he released his album, let go of his fears, and showed the world who he really is. Yes, inspiration.

No comments: