Friday, December 7, 2012

Top 100 of 2012: 100 to 91



And if I wanna talk back, the message is free


100 Gorillaz ft James Murphy & André 3000 - DoYaThing


A great song to begin the countdown! It's funky, and very jivey! But the words - it's all Gorillaz style and more :"D I like this collaboration, and it was used to promote Converse shoes. It's definitely a hype-up song, and I hope that when the Gorillaz come back, they explore style like this (hopefully they come back soon!)







099 Cash Cash - Michael Jackson


Such a simple concept for a song while paying tribute to the King of Pop... Very well played. And it's done very cleverly, with the use of titles of Jackson's work, all played to a modern-day sound. Plus, the message is true: the beat goes on and on. So what better way to pay tribute other than busting a move and hitting that floor hard?








098 Foster The People - Don’t Stop (Color On The Walls)


They are the strangest band I have ever seen... In my opinion, at least. But their music is amazing, no doubt about it. I like how they explore different sounds, and it's very amusing! This is a more fun song off their album, and it's silly in a most definite fun way ^^ 11 months later, and it's here on my list. Here are my thoughts back from January.







097 Marina & The Diamonds - How To Be a Heartbreaker


Where did she come from? I'm not so sure. I read about her in a magazine, and from there I started to follow her music. In comes this piece, and it's pretty addicting. If she knows anything, it's that she knows how to please her fans. Just take a look at the video, and you will see why. Besides all that, she is talented, and it's pretty flirtatious her song. I wish the radio would play her music some day.







096 Daniel Powter - Cupid


I didn't even know he was still making music (you would most likely remember him from this song). But I'm glad that he is, because when I first heard this song, my smile was so big that I couldn't help myself. Cute and absolutely adorable! He, on the other hand, could cut the hair off... I think that is what makes him look older at least d":








095 Alicia Keys - Girl On Fire


Cue in the pianos! I like Alicia Keys, and finally she has released some new music. Not exactly a hit, but it is indeed inspirational. Watch this girl as she is impossible to stop, she can do anything that she puts her mind to it. I like when she performs it, she puts a lot of power into it - just watch her burn the stage to the ground.








094 Will Young - Losing Myself


Well, isn't this a blast from the past! He is the original winner of a show that started a phenomenon, leading to all of the other shows that conquer the television (it's the Idol series in case you didn't get it). I remember him from this song, and didn't expect to hear anything 10 years later. I like this sound, it's more mature, and it shows a different side from the former Pop Idol. So cool.







093 Skrillex & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Make It Bun Dem


Such an interesting idea: mix Dub Step with Reggae, and you get this... Hmm, they're pretty similar, don't you think? I have no clue what he is saying, other than Skrillex to turn up the music, but it's also pleasantly... soothing? That's how I am going to describe it, because it's so odd, yet I really enjoy this piece. I wonder what Skrillex will come up with next (can't wait).







092 Coldplay ft Rihanna - Princess Of China


I think this is a beautiful song from Coldplay... but the video has mixed-up Asian culture so oddly together. Nonetheless, I love how they collaborated with Rihanna, because it's unexpected, and the song came out quite nice. It's delicate, and I love just how it sounds from beginning to end - kind of a sad love story that no one would understand but them.







091 Neon Hitch ft Tyga - Gold

The inspirational song that is just too cute... I think it's because of her voice. Kind of cheesy, but in a way that makes your heart ooze out soft, gooey stuff. Almost a love song, but not the passionate kind - more like, I'm glad that you are you kind of love, if that makes any sense. The rap part is a little confusing, but it puts the song together.







How are you liking the list so far? Leave a comment below, and let me know!

No comments: