Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Honourable Mentions

2017 was a massive year for music. Not only has this year been the most difficult, I am surprised by all of the good songs that did not make the list (there were almost 100 other songs that were considered!) So let's look at the Honourable Mentions of 2017, shall we?


Just 'cause you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there...


Starting off on a sad note, this song was not ranked. The lead singer of Linkin Park, Chester Bennington, committed suicide. With a song about the topic, it shows that there is someone who will care for you, even when times are rough. Don't think that no on is there to help - please ask for help. A simple song with a simple message, make sure your loved ones are in good care.

130 N.E.R.D & Rihanna - Lemon
A surprise comeback from N.E.R.D., and it hits really hard. And Rihanna rapping? Yes please!

129 KAPRI - Deeper
I expect to hear more of this song, it's one catchy Dance track. Not to mention, KAPRI is real cute.

128 Ne-Yo - Another Love Song
Glad to see Ne-Yo back singing funky tunes. This one is really good, and wish it garnered more attention.

127 Twice - Likey
Not familiar with the band, it's an adorable ear worm of a track. Not to mention, video shot in Vancouver!

126 Virginia To Vegas - Emotions
A track destined to get overplayed in 2018. Virginia To Vegas, you know how to make anything fresh.

125 Lights - Fight Club
Ooh, Valerie Poxleitner made new music! And this one is good enough for Just Dance 2018. Worthy track!

124 Florida Georgia Line ft Backstreet Boys - God, Your Mama, & Me
Stumbled upon this song browsing through YouTube. Can you say, Country Wedding song? All the feels...

123 Sam Smith - One Last Song
Sam Smith bringing that 50s, 60s love theme - I actually enjoy this one, it's a pleasant twist from him.

122 Ed Sheeran - Bibia Be Ye Ye
I think I hear this song every time I go to work, and it's like a tropical vacation. Oh Ed, you took us on a trip!

121 Halsey - Bad At Love
Not the biggest fan of Halsey, but I did like this song. The melody is very appealing to me.

120 OneRepublic - Let’s Hurt Tonight
A humble tune from OneRepublic, but I did wish that they made more exciting music like last year.

119 Thomas Rhett ft Maron Morris - Craving You
This song is filled with thrills and chills! I cannot believe Thomas made such a masterpiece.

118 Michael Bublé - I Believe In You
I am glad to see Michael releasing music, despite his tough year. Not the best, but still a great song.

117 Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls
A little empowering ditty about women. What can I say? It's a solid effort from Hailee Steinfeld.

116 Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling
Continuation of "E•MO•TION," this track got its feature. Thank goodness for Carly Rae Jepsen!

115 Majid Jordan - Body Talk
Yet again, I did not keep track of Majid Jordan. I seriously need to get into the duo, they make made music.

114 David Guetta ft Justin Bieber - 2U
Shocked that this song did not get much attention. But otherwise, sounds like a generic Dance track.

113 2NE1 - 안녕 (GOODBYE)
The finale of 2NE1, and it's a sad note. But like all disbanding songs, it's bittersweet. Until next time.

112 Alice Merton - No Roots
Alternative radio knows what's happening, this wave of a song gets you all over the place.

111 P!nk - What About Us
I swear that I like P!nk, but I can just never get into her massively popular ballads. I'll wait for the next single.

110 Lorde - Perfect Places
"Melodrama" was questionable at first, but this song was a grower for me. Well worth the wait, Ella.

109 Shawn Hook - Never Let Me Let You Go
I enjoy Shawn Hook's music, and this is tune that I know from him. Definitely missed in 2017.

108 Post Malone ft Quavo - Congratulations
Obligatory graduation song. Post Malone is experiencing stardom real quick. I can understand why.

107 Kendrick Lamar - Humble
Wanted to like this song, but could not. I will say, this is a good song for working out at the gym.

106 Macklemore ft Skylar Grey - Glorious
Like the direction where Macklemore is taking his music, and the video is really sweet.

105 Virginia To Vegas - Selfish
The overplayed track of 2017. If it wasn't for the death of the radio, I'm sure it would have ranked higher.

104 DJ Khaled ft Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper & Lil Wayne - I’m The One
This collaboration was fun and all, but still forgettable. A nice track to lounge to if anything.

103 Charlie Puth - How Long
Blessing the world with two tracks this year, Charlie Puts adds a funk. But the dancing though...

102 Nick Jonas ft Anne-Marie & Mike Posner - Remember I Told You
Electric! Enjoy all of these artists, and it's a great to know about this song. If only I knew earlier!

101 Sabrina Carpenter - Why
Not sure why, but these songs get to me. Can't wait to hear more from Sabrina Carpenter, her music is brilliant!

No comments: