Friday, December 8, 2017

Top 100 of 2016: 90 to 81


I let you take advantage cause it felt so good...

090 Icona Pop - Someone Who Can Dance

Heard this in a retail store. I missed Icona Pop, they made some really catchy music. This song has a hard-hitting noise, yet it's very simple. For some reason, I remembered the song much faster... But still, hope they make more Dance hits soon.







089 The 1975 - The Sound

Alternative Rock music always surprise me: everything is basically an ear worm. The 1975 have been on my radar, but I should pay more attention to them. Their music can sound repetitive, but they are just so entertaining. Part generic, but all energetic.







088 Olly Murs - You Don’t Know Love

Here's a new turn for Olly Murs. For an artist who loves to sample the 80s, he also borrows the lyrical content. And honestly, it's not a bad thing. In a few years, he will sample the 90s and make it all sound new again. Like the 80s, this song becomes special for it rawness in a sleek format. 







087 Sigala ft John Newman & Nile Rodgers - Give Me Your Love

My cousin showed me this act, and I would occasionally listen to them from time to time. Brining an element of classic and modern, the collaboration between John Newman and Nile Rodgers surprised me - shows what creativity can come from Bruce Fielder.







086 Pitbull ft Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis - Greenlight

Almost forgot about this song! I don't know what happened to this song, it played for a while on the radio, and then disappeared. Maybe people are not feeling Armando Christian Pérez? But listening to the song again, I do enjoy this piece. Not as catchy compared to other singles, but definitely toe-tapping worthy.






085 Twenty88 - Selfish

At first, I was confused when I heard about this album release. Big Sean & Jhené Aiko came together to create Twenty88, a side project that came out really well. I meant to get to this album, and I still need to! If the rest of the album sounds like this, then it will definitely will become one of my favourites.






084 Tegan & Sara - Boyfriend

The Canadian Pop duo have also created an 80s-inspired single with a coming-of-age storyline. It's great progress knowing people can be themselves - but they can still be uncomfortable sharing that side of them. When love comes undone, people tend to grow weary and wonder what happens next. I am proud to see Tegan & Sara progress, and I expect even more brilliant pieces within the next few years.





083 P!nk - Just Like Fire

The radio absolutely loved this song. It's rare that a soundtrack single gets so much attention, but it shows how much people have missed Alecia Moore. While I have gotten over this song quickly, there is a part of me that still finds this song rather inspirational. Because who else other than P!nk to tell you to be yourself?






082 Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion

People were excited to hear new music from Lady Gaga - however, this was a different side many did not expect. The music from "Joanne" cannot be compared to her previous works. Focused on simplicity rather theatricality, it proves that Lady Gaga is able to perform without all of the pizazz... But you already knew that.






081 DJ Khaled ft Drake - For Free

AKA, the workout song. I do remember hearing this song through an Instagram post - I don't have that post anymore. All I remember from the post was that the person working out to this song. Not really about the lyrics, because the beat is mesmerizing. With collaborations like these, there is no stopping DJ Khaled.

No comments: