Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sincerely, 2015

2016 was filled with a lot of hit songs - unfortunately, some of them come from 2015. Call me picky all you want, but I have compiled the ten best songs that made a big impact, one year later. Now, let's get on with the countdown.

Share with me all your secrets...



Release Date: November 11, 2015

Oh, how much I miss Thai music! The quality, the emotions, it's all prime. My cousin showed me this song, due to the lack of 'good' music from 2016. I must say, this duo knows how to entertain a story line. The song is about relationships, and how it cannot be compared to previous ones - you are in the present, and must learn to grow together. A beautiful piece indeed, I need to get back into the Thai scene.



09 Sigala ft Bryn Christopher - Sweet Lovin'

Release Date: December 4, 2015

Technicolour at its supreme finest. From the video to the vocals, this song had so much energy to produce for a community! If Dance music sounded more like this, perhaps I need to get myself reeducated in the subject... But boy, do I feel like going rollerblading (that is, if I knew how to do so).





08 X Ambassadors - Unsteady

Release Date: October 13, 2015

Did not expect this piece from the band that made "Renegades." At first, I was not a fan of this song - it was probably too slow for my liking. But listening to the content, it's a powerful message, and tests one's love for another. Will you be there, even when they are not at their best? Truly a brilliant piece from X Ambassadors.




07 MNEK - A Thousand Miles

Release Date: February 14, 2015

If something is good, there is no need for an update. But if done correctly, you get this masterpiece from Uzoechi Emenike. Otherwise known as MNEK, this artist put his own twist to Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles" into a moody Pop confection that is irresistible to the ears. Such a good earworm, and the sampling is the cherry on top for otherwise a perfect song.



06 Tory Lanez - Say It

Release Date: July 31, 2015

The radio kept playing this song constantly, and there is a good reason. Daystar Peterson is one talented young man, as he filled his airy voice with a song that filled a void. There was something missing in 2016, and it was definitely fulfilled with this song. From the minimal production to the background vocals, this song brought a comfort for the year.




05 Majid Jordan - Something About You

Release Date: December 4, 2015

Did not know much about this Canadian duo, until a classmate of mine mentioned them while striking up a conversation. Under Drake's record label, it's no wonder why these two have such a following: it's sensually good. I am liking this vibe from male artists that can sing high notes, I hope it keeps coming. If this is an introduction to new fans like me, I can only imagine it gets better.



04 David Guetta ft Sia & Fetty Wap - Bang My Head

Release Date: October 20, 2015

Who knew that putting Sia & Fetty Wap together would create such a banger (no pun intended). I remember it like love at first listen: it was a magical experience. From the synths in the beginning, you are taken to another place, and are at comfort for the next three minutes. Perhaps the best part would be the part sung by Willie Maxwell II, although I cannot understand what he sings (maybe that's the reason why!)



03 Disclosure ft Lorde - Magnets (A-Trak Remix)

Release Date: September 9, 2015

The original song is amazing on its own - but the remix takes it on another level. The wonderful minds behind A-Trak brought a euphoric energy that makes you want to hit repeat again and again. I cannot wait to see what Disclosure has coming next, and the remixes that will be released - they are remarkably astounding.




02 AWOLNATION - Woman Woman

Release Date: December 9, 2015

This Alternative band always surprises me. When I think I know their style, they come up with something new. For example, this song. With a smooth sound, the expressive vocals don't overpower the instruments. Utterly soothing, this song is all about empowering people, and being comfortable with yourself. To a band with unexpected outcomes, I look forward to 2017 for AWOLNATION.



01 DJ Snake ft Bipolar Sunshine - Middle

Release Date: October 16, 2015

And here we have, the best song from 2015, intended for 2016. Everything from this song is absolutely stunning, including the visualization - that blew me away. Going from one interpretation to another, the song takes me to emotional places that I did not expect to hear in one song. I love the roller coaster ride about this song.

No comments: