Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hey, Soul Sister: Songs 1011 to 1020

Life is full of tough times... but we'll get through it and see the sun shine, don't worry :"D


Song #1016: I'm so obsessed my heart is bound to beat right out my untrimmed chest...

Song 1011: City High - What Would You Do?

This was the jam on my time. I didn't understand it back then, but hearing it now, it is a sad story.

It's an uncomfortable message, but this is the reality of some people's lives. I wish they were more than just a one-hit wonder, the world needs more intense songs that get you thinking. The only thing you can do is hope for the best. That might not what you want to hear, but what can you do? I guess that's all up to you, to see if you can make a difference in this woman's life. She deserves the best... hopefully it comes soon.


Song 1012: Kaci - I Think I Love You

Hooray for more covers! It's different from the original, all in the name of cheesy pop. Then again, the song is pretty fluffy for what it is d":

Take a random teenager, sing an old song, and you've got yourself another hit from the HitList. What I enjoyed about this song was the music video: it's funny and cute at the same time. She wants to say these words, but can't find the right time to say it aloud. Poor girl, better express them before it's late.



Song 1013: Britney Spears - Overprotected

One of my all-time favourite songs from her. This has gotten me through hard times, even though I haven't had it that rough so far.

All she wants is to experience life on her own, but there is a barrier that holds her back. For once, she needs to feel alive, try things on her own, and get in the swing of things. I play this when I'm frustrated and don't know where I am at this point in time. These are the words of wisdom I always come back to - do things my way, and learn from the mistakes.




Song 1014: Toni Braxton - He Wasn't Man Enough For Me

Another song of my childhood - boy, I had some strange songs didn't I?  Just there for the beat.

This was an interesting move for her, coming from this sound to funky pop. Her sound is so crisp, and it works on every level. She's warning her friends not to go out with this boy: basically, he's just a wimp. I mean, if it wasn't up to her standards, what makes you think he'll be perfect for you? Stand up for what's right, and remember that you can always do better. These were the days, when you can talk about anything.


Song 1015: Michael Bublé - Save The Last Dance For Me

What an utterly cute song from the crooner himself. Well known for covers, but he makes it his own.

This is a cover, and the original was brilliant on its own. This time, it's slower but also sweeter. Taking his time, he lets his love dance the night away. The only request he has it to be the last couple on the floor. Ah, nothing does beat an adorable song like this - just a lot of fun coming from here. Better have the final round with your lover, the moment feels right and you can act a fool all you like :"3



Song 1016: Train - Hey, Soul Sister

They just pop out of nowhere, and their hits are so catchy that you don'e know how it came to be.

Once in a while, they make such awesome songs that get stuck in your brain - but in a good way! You don't want to miss out on what this girl is doing, everything about her keeps you on your feet. It's a quirky, cute kind of love that brings you on such a high... the perfect formula of love? Especially with the ukelele sound, there is no denying the absolute adorableness coming from it. Well played train, keep 'em coming.


Song 1017: Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry

My singing teacher suggested to sing this song - what a nice choice, it's one heck of a piece.

Something is happening between the two, and all he wants is to patch up the wounds. Save the relationship while it's still there, it would be such a shame if it were to go to waste. As always, their voices are powerful, giving this emotional depth that you can't resist. And then there's the violins... it completes the song. It's no wonder why everyone loves them: from their creativity to the simplicity, they create wonderful music.



Song 1018: Nat King Cole - L-O-V-E

Is there any other song to describe the feeling better than this? Me thinks not at all. This one takes the cake!

The first time I heard it was during a movie. The next time, it was on a digital computer that could play the song. After repeated times of listening to it, I knew it had to be part of my library. And it's simply brilliant, singing what each letter stands for, and doing it at such ease. No one can top this, not even the Glee version. Doesn't this make your heart gush so much after listening to this? After all, love is made for two :"3



Song 1019: S Club 7 - The Colour Of Blue

From the beginning of the song, you know it's going to be a good single. Such a cheery mood, how can you possibly go wrong with this?

But it's a lovely thought: having a colour that reminds them of you. No other can do, and since it's all around (the sky!) they must be thinking of you all the time. I don't know, it's kind of silly but it makes me feel pleasant deep down inside. Hope when they do release new music, it sounds something like this. But whatever they do, I'm going to love it.




Song 1020: Boomkat - What U Do 2 Me

One day, I was on the internet looking at music videos. I stumbled upon this little number, and the rest was history. Now, it's part of my all-time favourite list.

It's the sound, the raspy voice, and the fact that I want to groove all night to this. I might have interpreted as a clean message, but then I took another listen and realized its true meaning... Oh well, it's still good either way. But if there is one thing to point out, it's her telling you that you are beautiful. Thanks girl, I feel all giddy when that part comes up. Let's get right down to it!

No comments: