Friday, March 7, 2014

5 Best 1 Worst Of: Spice Girls

If there is one band that everyone can agree on, I think it belongs to 5 women from the United Kingdom. They contain Baby, Ginger, Posh, Scary, and Sporty Spice. Need I say more? Let's end band week with the one and only...

Spice Girls


Let's see if "Wannabe" can rank on this list :"D


[5] Too Much


What's not to love about this song? You see each member in their own element in the video, and they display their voices oh so well. Not much a slow song type of band, but the intensity makes it key.

[4] Say You'll Be There


The hilarity of this song pretty much sums up the 90s: trying to grow up too fast, especially with their look. Though it may not be bad in theory, it doesn't take away from the song about keeping promises.

[3] Spice Up Your Life


I believe this is the only song where they are all singing at once, and it basically shows who controls the world (that's girl power, by the way). Probably one of their best songs to sing along to by far.

[2] Wannabe


They got it right from the start, from dressing up their personas to not giving a damn about what others may think about them. All about fun, and never giving up on friendship. This is what it's about.

[1] Stop


I can't think of any other song that can come on top other than this one. The dances were the rave with my cousins, and everyone just knew the lyrics to this. Here's to the damn catchiest song ever.

[WORST] Viva Forever 


Since I saw everything at once, I will have to say this: the video is creepy. Because of that, I continue to think that the song sends an eerie message that I never got over. Simply put: it was too strange.

No comments: