Wednesday, March 5, 2014

5 Best, 1 Worst Of: Coldplay

Here we have a band that I'm pretty sure everyone loves. Their music is inspiring, they have a charisma to them, and it's one of my cousin's favourite bands, period. Without further stalling, let's count down the Top 5 & 1 Bad song by...

Coldplay

Does their first single "Shiver" make it in the list? Got to find out after the jump!


[5] Talk



Lately, this song has been stuck in my mind. Whether it was the outer space adventure they went on, or that riveting introduction with the guitar, I can't get it out of my head. I'm liking this sound!

[4] Lost!




What I enjoy about this song are the emotions that come out of it. It may sound sad, but it's rather positive. It's all about moving forward, and to never give up even when times when are difficult.

[3] Fix You



A rather simple song from the band, and the falsetto works here. The dramatic buildup towards the end has to be the best, because it all goes back to the way it began. Simply put, it's exciting.

[2] Viva la Vida


This is a song you can never get tired of listening to. I will admit I didn't understand all of the church references, but the title is self-explanatory. With violins and everything, there's no denying this song.

[1] Yellow


This song is everything to me! The fact that they use a colour to describe love is absolute brilliance, I can't help but smile every time I hear this song. All that he does, he does it all for you.

[WORST] Clocks



Personally, this song lags on and on, especially with the ending. I will admit that the instrumental is beautiful, but other than that, the lyrics seem to be all over the place. Let's see what 2014 brings!

No comments: