Saturday, February 4, 2012

Love You Like A Love Song: Songs 141 to 150

Sad songs, happy songs, they all get you in a mood. Day 14 has got a strong list.


Song #149: You've saved my life once again, and I want you to know baby...


The good old days, where animated bands rocked the charts and no one questioned the neckless Simon. It all made sense - after all, the 90s was the best period C":

Here comes a song that has Spanish flare mixed with a dramatic story. It's sad, but that was their forté, putting heartbreak to a dance track. Maybe that was the key to their success, depression that makes you want to get into an exotic dance with a partner. Either way, it was well played. Why have they changed?!



Song 142: Rihanna ft Ne-Yo - Hate That I Love You

My absolute favourite song from Rihanna - it's innocent, and the contrast is true in some relationships. Everything you dislike about a person leads to thoughts of not having them beside you, the fact you can't stop thinking about them, the point that you're breaking down.

And they make such a cute couple, their collaboration is flawless. Simple guitar strum and powerful lyrics create this wonderful masterpiece. What's worse is the time you finally find out that you love them.



Song 143: Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

The rise of Green Day - this album was awesome! All of their songs were gold, and honestly I don't think anyone can hate them. All of their songs speak the truth, and this one is no exception.

They're so rock, they're mainstream? It was played on the radio after all. It's gloomy, yet adventurous, as man takes his solo journey seeking for help. Dreams do not always come true, and hopefully someone comes to lead them in the right direction. Add some piano pieces, and it flares it up on another level.



Song 144: BoA ft VERBAL - BUMP BUMP!

This is one groovy song - it's the beat for my Christmas song! I don't even care what she's talking about, it's one epic song!

BoA's look has seem to change, but I can't put my finger on it... She can master any type of music, and usually it works! Not afraid of trying new stuff, she keeps her audience surprised.

A great example of saxophones in good songs - m-flo member VERBAL makes an appearance; instant gold!



Song 145: Spice Girls - Spice Up Your Life (Reprise)

I am jealous of whoever attended the Spice Girls reunion concert, they are some lucky bums. Whoever thought of a comeback concert was a genius, they made so much money off of it! Hopefully they decide to make another appearance in Canada... please?

This is the studio version of their hit single "Spice Up Your Life," and I must say the production is absolutely stunning! It's 5 minutes long, but I wish it was longer. This song can get any party started - we all could use a little zest in our lives C":



Song 146: BoA - Shine We Are!

Woah, another BoA song - me likey. I think this is one of her most colourful videos, showing off what she does best: dancing.

I believe the song is about her lover and how she wants them to take a chance on her cause their love would shine so bright (sorry if that's off point!)

There was a surprise part near the end, where the tone changes from such a gleeful song - me also likey.



Song 147: Coldplay ft Jay-Z - Lost+

Do you ever wonder how come the first hit off an album tends to do better than the second one? Sometimes it's the other way around, but I think Coldplay's first release off an album does better than the second one.

Here is an example: this song gets me thinking, and I'm not sure if it's good or bad. The lyrics have a way with me, and they even get me confused at times. That chapel gives it a niche, while Jay-Z compliments everything nicely. Wish it was a bigger hit.



Song 148: Marianas Trench - Cross My Heart

Yeah, Canadian pride! I have got to stop saying that in these entries d":

They are goofy, and they use to their advantage. It's one of their many odes of wanting someone so badly, they go to the extremes. Every time they make a song like so, I can't help but be addicted. Marianas Trench just hits me with their songs - but only the pop-rock, not their ballads, which are beautiful.

Take me with you, I start to miss you...



Song 149: Selena Gomez & The Scene - Love You Like A Love Song

Ah, my future wife :"3 She's magical, lyrical, beautiful... I quoted her to describe her.

She's like the only Disney channel star that they play on the radio, but they play it to death - I'm fine with that! When I catch it, I stop and sing along. It's also my go-to song to get me pumped up and have the guts to tell the one how I feel... that doesn't happen d":

Pure cheese, but who can resist? I keep on hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat.


Song 150: Janelle Monáe - Locked Inside

The perfect artist to finish the playlist. I love everything about this song. At first, I thought she was talking about a relationship - she might be. Now, I think that it's about her in a fantasyland that has gone all wrong.

That's what I love about it: I always get a different message from a listen. It's also one of the more catchier songs on the album, which she does so well. Is it too much to call her the female equivalent of Michael Jackson? She is that AMAZING.

It has an old-school feel, with an endless thought.

No comments: