Monday, February 27, 2012

Talk Talk Talk: Songs 371 to 380

The world is full of potential happy and crazy songs. Take the climb, party it out, talk often, and escape to wonderland, dog! Yeah, I just did that d":


Song #380: But I know you want to break through, but we're worlds apart...

Song 371: Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song

The one thing girls are serious about: ending a relationship. This seems appropriate, I mean it's a fantastic song that fits the teen angst category. It's kind of eerie but also expected when she gets mad and the last thing you want to know if she's OK.

Aly & AJ go by the name 78violet, but nothing has been recently released. I like their voices, and their songs were really catchy. I'm pretty sure any girl would be mad at you if you forgot their birthday. Would it bring to the extent to call it quits with you? Probably.



Song 372: John Mayer - Your Body Is A Wonderland

This song sounds a bit sleazy yet tasteful - does that make sense? My cousin and I hated this song cause our brothers would always play it. I didn't get it, but I did like the word "bubblegum tongue."

Eventually, I gave in, and so did my cousin. It's not a bad song, and I do admit it keeps growing on me. I guess you can say that I enjoy his raspy voice and the way he swoons? Maybe that's too much, but he's in love both figuratively and suggestively. But he is talented, he just needs a new direction in his music.



Song 373: Mickey Rooney, Feist, Amy Adams, Jason Segel & Walter - Life's A Happy Song

The Muppets! I absolutely love this movie, it's so adorable and nostalgic. Here comes the introduction to the movie, and it couldn't have been better.

Filled with parodies, appearances, and laughter, nothing compares to bright sunshiny days where everything is wonderful. Couldn't life be a musical? I think everyone would be much more pleasant and happier. And isn't that what everyone wants? To frolic along!



Ooh, no one does it better than them! That song is on the list too :"D

I love the video for this, though I do wonder how three girls can carry a bench so easily? Anyways, the song puts a fun twist to rather a serious issue. They're stuck in a rut and don't know where to go. Just give them a sign, and they can move along. Maybe their lover is playing hard to get, or maybe not interested... Either way, they're not making it easy. Doesn't come out whiny at all, and I love the guitar solo - it's funky.





Can you believe how many hits she's made? And she looks so young! Released as part of her Greatest Hits album, she made a duet both Country and Pop versions. I prefer her without the guitars.

It's a silly fun song for those who want to spend one on one time. They're staying in, being together, and having a ball. And honestly, who doesn't want to enjoy the company of someone you like? I wish I could have a get-together with my crush... Maybe if I sold them the idea like this. I should try this, it might work... maybe.




I actually don't know the song that well, but it's on the list cause I remember the video vividly when I was a kid. My sister loved Brandy, and her TV show was a fan favourite.

It's such an awesome beat, and her voice is unusual in this track. It's like she's not even trying, but it comes out quite beautifully. And then there's Mase, he can never do wrong. He has some slick verses, and doesn't come out the wrong way. This is just a song you can have around everyone and no one hates it.



Song 377: Sky - Love Song

The band that started this project has made its final appearance. And I absolutely love this song! No, I didn't mean to play on words...

I still don't know what this song is about, but it has such a classic sound that can't ever be duplicated. I consider it a love song because it's hopeful and never surrenders to his feelings. I wish I had the instrumental for this, it's so pleasant, and I would love to do a cover of this. Now to learn how to play an instrument...



I swear, Disney could make a movie about his life. It was because of one film that made me love all of his songs.

Here comes a classic, and dang it's cool. He has a voice that's incomparable, and he delivers all the attitude that this person has done them wrong. It is rather insulting to call someone a dog, but can't help it if you say one thing and you turn out to be another. Who knew that turning someone away could sound ridiculous? Only the king of Rock can pull it off.



Song 379: Miley Cyrus - The Climb

Did anyone think that the movie was the end of the series? Well, it ended just last year (with one episode).

Sure, it was aimed to make more money, but if anything good came from it, it had to be this song. Life is full of adventures, but if you're focus on the destination, you might miss the defining moments that make one find themselves. It's pretty, and motivating that you can achieve anything that you put your mind into.

How you know this is a good song? Listen to a bunch of little girls perform this again and again on Canada Day. Been there, done that, never again.

What a hidden gem from Darren Hayes! I actually found this by accident, either from a blog or browsing his old videos.

I think he's grown up, it's like a dance track that heals the soul. All he wants is to open a person up, cause he knows what he feels deep inside, as well as his love.

The sound has a big impact on me, and it makes me want to let everything all out to my crush... It may seem easy, but I somehow I just can't get to that step. Hope one day I have the guts to let it all out...

No comments: