Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Thousand Miles: Songs 921 to 930

Any time is the right moment to do whatever feels good to you - because you're worth it.


Song #927: Cause everything's so wrong and I don't belong living in your precious memory...

Song 921: Samuel E. Wright - Kiss The Girl

Seriously, it's hard to pick a favourite film when all of their songs are so good... this one is pretty close.

Yes, this song has appeared before, but this one is the original. You've got a crab that's setting the mood, while the two hide under a willow tree. Fish are making a fountain around them, how more romantic could it be? And all he has to do is plant one on her to find out if it's love. Oh, how I wish reality could be like this. Who knows, maybe one day it will happen - I hope!


Song 922: Skye Sweetnam - Sugar Guitar

Sometimes, it takes a commercial to make me fall in love with a song. Zellers did that, and look what we have here! I wish it wasn't turning into Target...

After looking at this, who doesn't want to go back to school? OK, it's April, but we can still plan for the next year - if I survive this semester. But the song's not even about school. It's all about being expressive as you like to be - something she's excellent at.



Song 923: Danny Elfman - Jack's Lament

Stupid story: my cousin insists on watching this film on Halloween - but it's a Christmas movie, right?

But anyways, Jack has a part of him where he doesn't feel satisfied. Something is missing, but he can't put his... bone on it? It's a sad piece, but there is so much beauty behind the sorrow. Deep down inside, he feels like there is more to him. Perhaps I should watch this film more often than Christmas, we could all use some soul searching to find the next calling.


Song 924: P!nk - Perfect

It's nice to hear the soft side of P!nk, I think this song is autobiographical - it's quite raw if you ask me.

We've all made bad decisions, and sometimes they make us feel so less of ourselves. But that should not bring you down. The point she's making is that we are all unique and we have a lot to show to the world - and no one can do it better than you. With a guitar, some drums, and violins creates an inspiring atmosphere, and a wonderful milestone for Alicia. Hope to hear more from her in the future!



Song 925: Simon Curtis - Fell In Love With An Android

I'm still amazed that this was free music. I hope that he'll release more where I'll have to pay - it's so good!

When I see the title, I think it refers to a phone - but I think he's talking about a robot. He thought he knew someone - turns out to be a whole lie. Why the sudden coldness from the lover? And you can tell that he's mad from the sweet sounds of this song; he'd rather being loving metal than loving you. I guess that's when the phone comes in, so you are kept busy during those lonely nights - kind of stings, doesn't it?



Song 926: Kesiha Chanté - Let The Music Take You

Oh wow, I have been spelling her name wrong this whole time o.O That's not good. Please forgive me in this post and the other one, I'm so silly sometimes d":

My friend had this love/hate relationship with the song. I mean, he would sing it, but he would mock it. I even used it to end a speech I wrote up in high school. But it's nice, all about taking it easy and allowing the rhythm to bring you to different state of mind. And at the end of a long day, who doesn't want to unwind to their favourite song, slowing it down? Thanks Keshia!


Song 927: Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles

Can you say 'chick flick' song? It's been it this movie, this one, and it can go on... but everyone loves it!

This is the song that made her famous, and it's a wonderful piece - I even attempted to play it on piano (not easy!) She would do anything just to hold you for the night, even if it means walking great lengths for that special moment she cherishes. If it's love, the distance has no factor with the ability to go for it. After all, a great love doesn't come simple - it requires a lot of effort. Miss Carlton, I wish you lasted longer :"c



Song 928: Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One (The Passengerz Mainstream Radio Edit)

I couldn't find the remix that I have here - so the link is the original. I should upload these songs... maybe.

This is one confusing song: he doesn't get how he found the love of his life, only to find out that they can't be with him. But this person makes him so happy; where does the answer come? Why does life have to be confusing sometimes? The beat is danceable, and it dries up the tears that you are crying... takes some pain away. And what a nice range he has! So divine.


Song 929: Phil Harris - Thomas O'Malley Cat

This is one cute movie, I think Disney needs to add some more feline friends to their list ^^

Basically, he's singing about himself - and he didn't know that anyone was watching. I'm kind of jealous, it's to a jazzy beat and his voice is what I dream of having. For one, it's quite the introduction: he knows how to make an impression for the friends he's about to make. Maybe this is why cat ain't mans best friend.




I do like Elise Estrada, despite the... decisions that she makes. For example, this song: I should not like it, but here it is. She's barely singing, but I like to think of it as making fun of those who think they're a celebrity.

She trash talks about all the wonderful things that has happened so far, but that's nothing to those who make it big. Just because you look the part doesn't mean you have what it takes to handle the business. I'm still going to try, but for now I'll be hitting the books, which reminds me... Like I'm actually going to d":

No comments: